uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 7 - B1G/ACC Challenge: @ Clemson

uneblinstu

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Adding a few other observations after watching the replay a few minutes ago on ESPNU: 

- Our shooters, specifically Tom Allen, needs to watch that big three that he his last night.  He took the shot in rhythm.  I have noticed he and others catch the ball, dribble and then hoist the shot.  We are actually good three point shooters when we shoot in rhythm.

Definitely. If we just shoot our wide open catch n shoot shots our offense becomes borderline good especially if Allen and roby start shooting them regularly 

Went back and re-watched this game last night.  Some thoughts:

Clemson is good.  Didn't play their best ball but didn't play poorly, either.  

We also didn't play our best ball.  Played most of the game without one of our starters.  Amazes me some of the ticky-tack shit they whistle on Roby while letting maulings go uncalled.

Bottom line conclusion for me:  We played a good team that played reasonably well at THEIR house, and we beat them without bringing our A+ game.  Maybe not even our A game.  We're for real.

2 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I just researched that.  We beat them the next year on the road, but they weren't ranked that time.  Combined the two.

This is what I used, made it fairly simple as it shows the AP rank next to the team and shows it at the time you played. You can see Minnesota ranked at #14 as verification.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/nebraska/2018-schedule.html