uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 7 - B1G/ACC Challenge: @ Clemson

uneblinstu

5 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Matt - no but when he is on TV all the time and is being touted as the expert, some that babble HAS to get into the committee member's ears.

If it does, the committee members who are influenced by him should be removed immediately from the position.

I serve on a committee at work (selecting National Honor Society members).  We rate the applicants solely on their application, not on what we know of the kids in class/extra curriculars/etc.  Surely the NCAA tourney committee does the same. It's not that hard.

34 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

So the Clemson board has a “Will we get to 15 wins” thread and a “Fire Brownell” thread.  Feels good to see those somewhere else.  ?

Clemson fans might want to show up to games before they worry too much about this.......... sheesh.

Just now, kleitus said:

I'll answer that for them

Yes.  Easily.  We are a good team and for some reason almost nobody including a lot of our fans wants to admit it.

I get that, and I also get a lot of hesitation because of our history.  My question to all of the doubters...

What more do you need to see?  If we beat Creighton will that do it or will we hear that the Big East is down?  Beat OKST or will it  be that "well they lost to Charlotte."

What will make you a believer?

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I get that, and I also get a lot of hesitation because of our history.  My question to all of the doubters...

What more do you need to see?  If we beat Creighton will that do it or will we hear that the Big East is down?  Beat OKST or will it  be that "well they lost to Charlotte."

What will make you a believer?

A very vocal part of our fan base has wanted to fire miles for a couple years now and won't believe until we actually win the ncaa game in march.

I point directly at the rivals board for that nonsense.

Frankly, this team could EASILY make a sweet 16 run.  I'd like to see us make a run in a strong B1g before I say that, but the opportunity and talent are both there.  You cant tell me this team is worse than say... last year's Loyola Chicago team.

It is right there in front of them.  The naysayers to be fair mostly agree with that they just think miles cant coach.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

So the Clemson board has a “Will we get to 15 wins” thread and a “Fire Brownell” thread.  Feels good to see those somewhere else.  ?

Good Lord. Brownell is one of the good guys in the business too...when the NCAA-court case dust settles (if anything ever comes of it), he'll be one of the ones still holding onto his job, I think, and coaches with NCAA tournament experience who aren't implicated in all this may be a little harder to come by. But sure, can the best thing that's happened to your program in a while... (oddly, I feel like I could make the same argument here.)

Can anyone more tech-competent than I am cut down Kent's GOT IT! from that? I used to have that as my notification whenever I got a text and kind of miss it but my old file was a few phones ago.

9 minutes ago, kleitus said:

A very vocal part of our fan base has wanted to fire miles for a couple years now and won't believe until we actually win the ncaa game in march.

I point directly at the rivals board for that nonsense.

Frankly, this team could EASILY make a sweet 16 run.  I'd like to see us make a run in a strong B1g before I say that, but the opportunity and talent are both there.  You cant tell me this team is worse than say... last year's Loyola Chicago team.

It is right there in front of them.  The naysayers to be fair mostly agree with that they just think miles cant coach.

Few teams ever EASILY make a Sweet 16 run. 

The teams that do are considered "elite."  We are not that.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Clemson fans might want to show up to games before they worry too much about this.......... sheesh.

For real... sheesh indeed. Flaky fake fans annoy me. The same blue blood types who walk out with 5 minutes left. Dont they realize that they have a really good team this year? And I'm tired of the frickin disrespect, why is it suddenly the END OF THE WORLD and their program when a team loses to Nebraska? Have to earn a reputation I guess. Smh

1 hour ago, kleitus said:

Fair, but that's semantics.  I never meant it in the "it will be easy" just that "we are easily in the range of teams that can do it".

I knew what you meant.  As opposed to saying "it would be hard to imagine us getting that far," for this team, it would be easy to imagine we could get that far.

1 hour ago, ladyhusker said:

Good Lord. Brownell is one of the good guys in the business too...when the NCAA-court case dust settles (if anything ever comes of it), he'll be one of the ones still holding onto his job, I think, and coaches with NCAA tournament experience who aren't implicated in all this may be a little harder to come by. But sure, can the best thing that's happened to your program in a while... (oddly, I feel like I could make the same argument here.)

Can anyone more tech-competent than I am cut down Kent's GOT IT! from that? I used to have that as my notification whenever I got a text and kind of miss it but my old file was a few phones ago.

Got it

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/pavelka/clips/GOT IT.mp3

31 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Not to be that guy but I wonder if Ames, IA native and grad transfer post player Javan White would have come here if we pursued him.  He's a solid player and is giving Clemson 10-15 minutes of time as Thomas' backup.

How about their 6'9" forward who hasn't played a game yet this year? He put up 12/8 a year ago and he's looking at coming off the bench for a big chunk of the rest of his career.