uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 7 - B1G/ACC Challenge: @ Clemson

uneblinstu

Nebraska Takes Down #24 Clemson on the Road

Huskers show the resolve missing in KC

image.png

- My DVR didn't start right away so I missed the first couple of minutes of the game. I came in right in the middle of the review. Kinda weird to me that kicking a player has the same penalty as a shove, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

- Palmer getting into the lane early is a good sign.

- Of course tonight is the night Clemson hits 3s...

- I like having Nana and Tom on the floor at the same time.

- Heiman changes shots in the paint...

- Palmer picked up a garbage offensive foul that should have been called on Clemson's Thomas. The very next trip down the court, he picked up another silly foul. Sneaky hidden no-call that may or may not have had a significant outcome...

- Loved how these guys have hung in there. That's the benefit of a veteran crew.

- Roby's just, IDK, not locked in or something. He's a total team player because he shouldn't be playing the 5 and it's costing him minutes.

- When Nebraska's defense is good, it's really, really good.

- Some really good minutes from Tanner with Roby on the bench. Maybe the best of his career.

- This is the Nebrasketball we saw last year. Scrappy, attacking and relentless. 

- NU made some huge plays down the stretch, despite Clemson pushing it to 2 points.

- This is a win that will resonate in February and March. This is a win they didn't have last year. 

View full article

8 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

It’s never easy. I about lost my shit when Cope turned it over at the end. ?

Those last 4 points all came off no-call fouls that ultimately made it easier to call the travel that gave us a chance to shoot the clinching free throws. Best you can hope for on the road.

Edited by BugeaterZ
Clarification

15 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

- Roby's just, IDK, not locked in or something. He's a total team player because he shouldn't be playing the 5 and it's costing him minutes.

Has there ever been a player with more hype compared to on court results than Roby?  I just don't get the unbridled hype train for him.

Welp.  I am disappointed.  We didn't perform well on offense.  We tried to give it away at the end.  Our lapses on both defense and offense cannot be tolerated.  And don't even get me started on the turnovers.  Sheesh....

Just kidding, great win men!  A lot of good went on tonight.  We literally got kicked in the face and the ribs and we sort of said screw you, we are hear to play.  Nice, nice, nice.

Edited by Huskerpapa

Not sure if we can find him more minutes but if so I’d love to see Nana more.  Love his shot and he showed some

serious athleticism on some rebounds tonight. 

Also, kudos to Tanner. He played some big minutes tonight. If you ask me, he is better than 2017 Jordy. 

Wow, great, great win which will almost certainly be a tier 1 win.  The last 3-4 minutes of the first half were brutal and I thought that would come back to haunt us when we had three straight cracks to extend a 4 point lead but couldn't.  Similarly, there was a stretch in the second half where we had four straight chances to extend a four point lead and failed.  We finally got over that hump but then almost threw the game away at the end.  Ah, the life of a tortured Nebraksetball fan but only this time our hearts weren't ripped out.  This year feels different.

A few other observations...Borchardt gave us good minutes again.  He had some critical rebounds and was just active. 

I was yelling at my tv for Miles to use a timeout before Copelands turnover and then after their bucket.  Then Watson almost got trapped and I thought I was going to lose it.

Anyways, on to Illinois and a 1-0 start in Big play.