Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bugeaters1

Louisville

Recommended Posts

Won't be a lot of W's this preseason, but hopefully, the experience will prepare them for the BIG.  The newbies should be past the "deer in the headlights" stage

by now.  We've played some really good teams, and Louisville, might be the best of the bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are a long ways from the top teams in the nation.  Good effort tonight but we clearly lake top caliber athletes at this level.  Team needs to get some wins prior to conference play.  B1G wins are going to be hard to come by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Won't be a lot of W's this preseason, but hopefully, the experience will prepare them for the BIG.  The newbies should be past the "deer in the headlights" stage

by now.  We've played some really good teams, and Louisville, might be the best of the bunch.

They can win the next three, to be 5-4

Edited by Bugeaters1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Liked Simon's productivity tonight.  Teams are taking away Cain's though.  Need to find a way to overcome that some and get others to contribute as well.  Easy for me to analyze.  I know the ladies will keep working.  🤩

Is Kate physically sound?  She almost looks labored running the court at times.  I hope she isn't fighting knee issues.  It might be the losses, or the caliber of teams putting the 

clamps on her, but she appears to be struggling a bit.  Probably nothing a winning streak won't cure.   I need to remember, the season is just beginning, and half 

the team is new.  It will take some time.     GBR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Is Kate physically sound?  She almost looks labored running the court at times.  I hope she isn't fighting knee issues.  It might be the losses, or the caliber of teams putting the 

clamps on her, but she appears to be struggling a bit.  Probably nothing a winning streak won't cure.   I need to remember, the season is just beginning, and half 

the team is new.  It will take some time.     GBR

It could be the dreaded Sophomore slump to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told a co worker yesterday, that if the Huskers could keep the score within 20. I'd be happy. lots of encouraging things happened last night. one of them was not the turnovers, but that happens when you play a top team. wish coach would use Cain and Verbeek at the same time. Also Sammie needs to be starting. but I'm an armchair coach and don't know jack shit about this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I told a co worker yesterday, that if the Huskers could keep the score within 20. I'd be happy. lots of encouraging things happened last night. one of them was not the turnovers, but that happens when you play a top team. wish coach would use Cain and Verbeek at the same time. Also Sammie needs to be starting. but I'm an armchair coach and don't know jack shit about this game.

 

They could if they wanted to....but it would require changing a lot of schemes.

 

Cain is being keyed on defensively by other teams. She must be very mobile to offset the sagging defenses.....hasn't adjusted yet I guess.

 

Haiby start ?    yep......and/or play a lot of minutes for sure.

 

We still need a defensive stopper or two to surface,  like a we had last year...where a players sole purpose was defense.  Our team defense still is worry some. 

 

Worn out the word turnovers.... 😟

 

Like was said previously...the Louisville game was somewhat encouraging.  Hope it leads to a complete game by the Huskers when we play the whinny Blue birds.

Edited by redsteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×