Nebraska (5-1) vs. Clemson (5-1) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just rewatched that hit on Copeland.   Won't do any good but we need to send that somewhere for a review.   Clearly should have been an ejaction or at least a technical foul.  A ridiculously dirty play by Thomas - but away from the action so no one saw it.

Ultimately didn't matter because Copeland did not get hurt (I think) and we go the win.  But still wish they would discipline the kid for that or else he is going to keep playing that way and someone will get hurt.

Regardless - Great Husker Win !!

2 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

Just rewatched that hit on Copeland.   Won't do any good but we need to send that somewhere for a review.   Clearly should have been an ejaction or at least a technical foul.  A ridiculously dirty play by Thomas - but away from the action so no one saw it.

Ultimately didn't matter because Copeland did not get hurt (I think) and we go the win.  But still wish they would discipline the kid for that or else he is going to keep playing that way and someone will get hurt.

Regardless - Great Husker Win !!

That bastage should have been thrown out in the first half after the multiple kicks to Roby's head and mid-section.

This is going to be a really good win to have in March!

Phew, that shouldn't have been the nail biter it turned into.  Guys played decent tonight, could have given a little more in stretches, but overall played the way they needed to to get the W on the road.  Shout-out to the bench mob for coming in for some decent minutes tonight.  Nana and Borchardt really did everything they needed to tonight.  There weren't an excessive amount of stupid shots tonight, enough to still be frustrating, but they didn't settle for chucking up iso bricks tonight.

Agree it was called pretty fair for 95% of the game.

Great straight up Q1 road win against a talented team.  

What a clutch block from Cope.  

JPJ was fearless.  

Gotta say it though:  we haven’t even scratched the surface of what we can be yet this season.  We were 10pts better than Clemson imo (and it should’ve ended up that way after JPJ’s dunk), but thrilled with the win.  The asswhooping from TTech and the scare from Clemson are both great lessons for this team early on.  

1 minute ago, NUtball said:

That's enough to make a 10 point win a one possession game.

But I am betting that Clemson fans are saying something similar.  Hey, all I am trying to say is that there are ebbs and flows.  Isaiah seems to be on all referee's radar.  Don't know why, but it happens every game.  

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

But I am betting that Clemson fans are saying something similar.  Hey, all I am trying to say is that there are ebbs and flows.  Isaiah seems to be on all referee's radar.  Don't know why, but it happens every game.  

Of course they are, buy they're wrong.?  I live pretty close to Clemson.  They're not necessarily known for their intellectual prowess.

I agree about Roby, he seems to be a marked man.  King of the ticky-tack fouls.

Edited by NUtball