uneblinstu's post game chatter: Vol 11; ed 6 Western Illinois

Bugeaters1

14 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

after today's game, roby's shooting 14% from 3 and palmer is shooting 17% from 3. 

i know it's early, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

these next 5 games are going to be interesting. 

Roby is shooting 2 of 7 (28.6%).  The biggest thing his shooting numbers are telling me is he's not shooting much.

The easiest way to test whether the sample size is too small is by changing the result by one and decide whether it materially changes your opinion of the stat. In this case, 3/7 (43%) is waaaay different than 2/7 (29%), meaning there's little value in evaluating Roby's 3-point shooting percentage yet, as others have said.

53 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

The easiest way to test whether the sample size is too small is by changing the result by one and decide whether it materially changes your opinion of the stat. In this case, 3/7 (43%) is waaaay different than 2/7 (29%), meaning there's little value in evaluating Roby's 3-point shooting percentage yet, as others have said.

I’m not concerned about his 3 point shooting so much as his unwillingness to pull up from the free throw line in, elevate, and just shoot over people.

I don't see where anyone has posted it yet so here is the Official Box Score for the game vs Western Illinois.  (Sorry if it's already been posted :Redface:)

http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/5479698.pdf

(It used to insert if you posted the link - don't know why it doesn't anymore so here is a picture)

image.png

image.png

Edited by Red Don