What I’m Thankful For

cjbowbros

I saw a couple of extended post on the  greatness of this discussion board in the Kenpom thread and thought it deserved it’s own thread.  Especially around the time of Thanksgiving I thought it would be cool to share what or who we are thankful for on the board. 

Personally I love how well it is managed and how a few ridiculous post there seem to be.  It’s also amazing how few and far between derogatory fights and arguments there are especially about things that don’t pertain to basketball there are. 

For a person I am thankful for HHCMatt  I have no idea how he has enough time to do all the stuff on Twitter or on here that he does. But somehow it all happens.

Also I never heard the Jay Billis story what happened there ?

- I am very thankful for this site.  At one point in time, I thought I was one of the very few Husker basketball fans.  This site has allowed me to find others that love husker basketball almost as much as I do.

- I am thankful to the Cubbies, who finally got it done in my lifetime.

- I am thankful to my family who, for some reason, cares for me.

- I am thankful for the air I can breath and the moral compass that still exist, despite some of the crap that exists.  But for those who forget history, we have always had the "other" element out there...so we have had war...forever.  It just seems closer to home these days.

- And lastly, I am thankful that our football program continues to win every year and that the basketball program continues to appear and win in the NCAA tournament...oh wait.

I don’t know if any of you read this board but I just wanted to say...

Players- I am thankful for you today.  The amount of work and time that you put in for me to scream at my TV with only my wife in the room is amazing.  Thank you for leaving your families, thank you for spending the holidays away from your families, and thank you for all you do for our University.  You all are going to be great young men and I have enjoyed every minute so far this year.  Keep up the good work, but also enjoy the ride.  It’ll be over before you know it.  Enjoy today and know that many Husker fans appreciate all you do.  You all play a game for our entertainment and I can’t thank you enough for all you do for the Big Red and state of Nebraska.

Coaches- Thank you for the amount of work that you put in.  Sometimes it’s hard to imagine the amount of time that you spend away from your families.  From recruiting to game planning and practices to scouting, you all are some of the most dedicated people that I know.  I hope you all get some family time today before it’s back to the office.

Kent and Jake and formerly Matt- Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to hear passionate Husker basketball announcers every game.  I don’t live in state and most of my games are on TV.  I will purposefully sync the radio broadcast with a live stream.  The amount of work that you all put in can’t be thanked enough.  

Lastly, thank everyone that is involved in running this machine we call a basketball program.  This has been the most fun through 5 games that I think I have ever had.  I know we couldn’t do it without everyone being involved and doing their part.  I hope all of the Nebrasketball family has a Happy Thanksgiving!