Roby will be back. Book it

2 hours ago, BjoeHusker said:

He will be back.  I believe his long time girlfriend is a sophomore at Nebraska.  Zero chance he grad transfers. 

Just a thought...when I was in college, I broke up with my long-time girl friend.  Crap happens.  I guess I still worry that the zero chance scenario has some variables.  

10 minutes ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

If a couple years ago someone would have told me in 2019 we would have:.................a potential 1st round "checks all the boxes of a small-ball NBA 5" at Center, a returning All-B1G 1st team stud at Wing, a senior 4-year starter at PG, and our programs 1st 5-Star at PF - and that with all those guys we would be 5-12 in conf staring down sweeping the cellar, I probably would have slapped them in the freaking face. 

15 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If a couple years ago someone would have told me in 2019 we would have:.................a potential 1st round "checks all the boxes of a small-ball NBA 5" at Center, a returning All-B1G 1st team stud at Wing, a senior 4-year starter at PG, and our programs 1st 5-Star at PF - and that with all those guys we would be 5-12 in conf staring down sweeping the cellar, I probably would have slapped them in the freaking face. 

Technically 3-5 with that 5* Power Forward.

21 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Yeah, this one stings. That this starting roster would be just good enough to decorate the conference basement. 

This has to be circling like a vulture in Moos' poor head every single day. "How did this come to pass?"

I still see him back. Or grad transfer. He still needs work on some things. If he hesitated at the 3 pt line in the NBA like he tends to do they would eat him alive. Don't get me wrong...he could dominate. We have all seen it. I could see him buried on a roster in the NBA. I think he has more potential than that. And he is young. 1 more year developing in college here or some where else is worth the risk for him. I just hope he chooses here ?

8 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

He wil be a G leaguer if he enters the draft 

It doesn't matter so much where he ends up so much as it depends if he's drafted or not. Nowadays you can still get drafted in the second round and get a solid 3-year contract. If he for sure knows he'll get drafted even in the second round then you gotta go, but if NBA scouts are unsure then he should stay. 

4 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

All of that premise was so fragile and we didn’t even realize...

• if there was an alpha or leader in the group (there wasn’t ) it was Copeland. Huge loss
  • the 4 yr PG is a head case and would lose his way for 1/2 the season 
  • The NBA player doesn’t own it 
  • the returning all conference player presses when the first three points come to light. 

This team was firmly “in” the tourney when Cope went down. Replace Him with Tanner in that Group of 4 and doesn’t look so impressive.  

Carsen Edwards, Lamar Stevens, Cassius Winston, Anthony Cowan, Tyler Cook, Amir Coffey, Eugene Omoruyi, Charles Matthews, Isaiah Moss, Mike Watkins, Jon Teske.  That's just the guys in the Junior class in the Big Ten who are having better seasons than Roby.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley
Geo Baker is a sophomore who is having a better season. As are a bunch of sophomores.