Roby will be back. Book it

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

How many offensive fouls has he been called for this year?

So far this season he has 49 assists and 49 turnovers.  He has a total of 81 fouls which allegedly averages to 3.4 fouls per game.  Cannot find stats that separate offensive from defensive fouls.  

Just now, hhcmatt said:

Watched Miles' presser and Brandon Ubel was watching film with the guys and told Roby to keep his chin up about those 5 turnovers because it takes a lot of energy to guard Murphy 1 on 1.  NW doesn't really trot out anyone who is that sort of problem

But it sure seems like Pardon creates similar issues when they play us...

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

But it sure seems like Pardon creates similar issues when they play us...

Very different deals

Roby isn't going to guard Pardon when Tanner is on the court (if pardon wants to shoot 3s make our day)

Murphy has 15 lbs on Pardon

Minnesota runs a lot more offense for Murphy than NW runs for Pardon

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Very different deals

Roby isn't going to guard Pardon when Tanner is on the court (if pardon wants to shoot 3s make our day)

Murphy has 15 lbs on Pardon

Minnesota runs a lot more offense for Murphy than NW runs for Pardon

I thought Pardon plays the four (like Murphy) and Tanner would be guarding their starting post player.  Oh well, my bad.

30 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Watched Miles' presser and Brandon Ubel was watching film with the guys and told Roby to keep his chin up about those 5 turnovers because it takes a lot of energy to guard Murphy 1 on 1.  NW doesn't really trot out anyone who is that sort of problem

Matt Have you heard anything about Brandon potentially hanging up the shoes on his professional career and being a grad assistant next year? He must already be helping if he’s watching tape w the team? 

36 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Matt Have you heard anything about Brandon potentially hanging up the shoes on his professional career and being a grad assistant next year? He must already be helping if he’s watching tape w the team? 

He's back for Legend's weekend and still recovering from that ACL tear.  He's just 27 so gotta think he has more game in him and if he was going to hang up the shoes it would be for an announcing gig.  How about Ubes as Kent's eventual replacement?

18 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

http://www.radiorockriver.com/2019/02/19/two-are-honored-with-first-ike-mercer-certificate-of-achievement-award/

Pretty cool award from his home town but I noticed this. 

"Roby is on schedule to graduate early from Nebraska with a business degree"

Just don't see him coming back.  If he is told he is not ready, I see him going the grad transfer route.

9 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Just don't see him coming back.  If he is told he is not ready, I see him going the grad transfer route.

If he does this, he'll be the first men's basketball player to graduate in three years.

I don't see him grad transferring after this year.

15 minutes ago, atskooc said:

If he does this, he'll be the first men's basketball player to graduate in three years.

I don't see him grad transferring after this year.

I hope you're right.  I think if the light comes on for him to realize just how good he could be, he'd be scary.  Well that and if he could play the 4.

Much will likely depend on who the coach is next year, don't you think?  I remember Doc basically re-recruiting Maric when he took over for Barry.  If Coach Miles leaves, and Isaiah graduates, he pretty much can write his own ticket.  Most programs would salivate at the idea of picking him up for a year.  That said, I am still betting he will be back.

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

i think he'll be back. most the mocks list him as a 2nd rounder.

he will have every opportunity to put up better numbers next year without copeland, watson, and palmer.

if he is able to graduate early, i'd be worried about him transferring.

I’m still not even convinced Roby is going to get drafted.