Roby will be back. Book it

7 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Being completely selfish as a Husker fan, this season has played out well so far regarding Roby: we want him to play as good as possible such that he still doesn't leave for the NBA.

Your not wrong. Wouldn’t hate if he averaged 10 n 8 w a few blocks. Then came back for his senior year to try and be the man. If he comes back next year I actually think we approach 20 wins 

This thread is silly- 6'9-6'11 guys can get drafted based off one one game in March & some good workouts. If he goes 17-8-5-4-4 in a first round win-- he will be on EVERYONES radar. Season is LONG. NBA doesnt need want the most consistent guys- they want the most upside. One year North Carolina won the national title and there highest drafted player was there 6th man who averaged like 8 & 4. 

3 hours ago, Section_316 said:

This thread is silly- 6'9-6'11 guys can get drafted based off one one game in March & some good workouts. If he goes 17-8-5-4-4 in a first round win-- he will be on EVERYONES radar. Season is LONG. NBA doesnt need want the most consistent guys- they want the most upside. One year North Carolina won the national title and there highest drafted player was there 6th man who averaged like 8 & 4. 

Good thing he’s not 6’9”

3 hours ago, Section_316 said:

Are you thinking of Marvin Williams?  He went 2nd after averaging 11/6 as a true freshman.  I actually think that's one of the better comparisons to Roby's upside.  Williams is now in his 12th NBA season and has averaged about 10/5.  They are similar in measurement and athleticism.  Williams' defense has always been elite and is what's kept him in the league this long.  I think we're greatly underestimating Roby's perimeter defensive ability at the next level because we need him in the post here.  I've gotta think he will be able to guard just about any stretch 4 and a whole lotta 3s in the league.  Those defensive bodies are rare, and healthy Copeland may mess around and become one of them as well.  Being able to switch on picks and run people off the three point line is imperative in the NBA moving forward.  

• 2 weeks later...

Agree on Cope.  What has really stood out to me is that his defense has been much better this year, specifically his ability to defend well without fouling.  He looks like a guy who would be a decent bench/rotation player in today's NBA.  Come in and defend/hit open threes/rebound, but not necessarily need the offense to flow through him to have an impact.  That sounds like what NBA GM's want in a 6'10" role player, no?

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this means anything or not but I was talking to one of the trainers that isaiah worked with in high school and somehow someone from the Toronto Raptors organization saw one the high school videos of him working out isaiah and was asking him questions about Roby I guess recently.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

I don't know if this means anything or not but I was talking to one of the trainers that isaiah worked with in high school and somehow someone from the Toronto Raptors organization saw one the high school videos of him working out isaiah and was asking him questions about Roby I guess recently.

Interesting....... "due diligence"

1 minute ago, thattimeofyearchanges said:

Yuppers...I still think a decision will have to be made by Isaiah and his family.  Isaiah's game has stepped up the past two weeks, and I anticipate he will now get better and better and better. 

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Yuppers...I still think a decision will have to be made by Isaiah and his family.  Isaiah's game has stepped up the past two weeks, and I anticipate he will now get better and better and better. 

And this could only mean great things for Nebrasketball.  Hopefull he takes Ward to town on the Offensive end tonight.

It's like Bill Raftery said during the Indiana game:  Isaiah needs to take that 3-point shot.  He passes up open looks all the time.  He can hit those.  He needs to just not THINK about it and, instead, FEEL it.  Just let it go and let muscle memory take over.

They were saying he won some 3-point shooting contest on the team, something about hitting the most treys in a set period of time.  That tells me he can feel it if he just stops thinking about it during games.

Scoring doesn’t seem to be on his mind when they are running the offense and he is  out at the top of the key.   He rarely squares up and takes a look at the hoop when he is in that spot but rather just sets a screen and hands the ball off or  he keeps on passing around the perimeter  and then rolls to the hoop.   An occasional square up to the hoop at that spot might lead to some points or some open team mates.   This would be a subtle variation of their current offense but could open him up to score more etc.   

2 hours ago, ZAYWHAT! said:

Scoring doesn’t seem to be on his mind when they are running the offense and he is  out at the top of the key.   He rarely squares up and takes a look at the hoop when he is in that spot but rather just sets a screen and hands the ball off or  he keeps on passing around the perimeter  and then rolls to the hoop.   An occasional square up to the hoop at that spot might lead to some points or some open team mates.   This would be a subtle variation of their current offense but could open him up to score more etc.   

There was a time last night he caught on the wing and no one was covering him. However he was so focused on the dribble hand off he did not notice.

2 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

He's always had a point guard mentality and defers to James and Isaac which isn't a bad thing. Next year he will take more shots and continue to develop his outside shot and post game. I really like what he will have to play with next year. Just need to replace Tanner 

And more importantly, replace Cope.