Texas Tech (4-0) vs. Nebraska (4-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, TimSmiles said:

no clue what we are trying to do on offense. we are not good enough to just play iso ball the whole game.

yeah, we gotta play that unselfish, moving basketball. anything else is unacceptable. I hate iso ball (except in very select situations) for the same reasons I dislike Carmelo. 

We all need to stay away from the ledge and remember that we are playing one of the top defenses in the country.  Yes it was ugly, but we got some great looks.  They just didn’t drop.

Expect Palmer to come out and drive again to start the second.  Hope he doesn’t get screwed.  Also need to make the open looks.  It’s not our “offense” more so our inability to make the open shot that first half.

2 minutes ago, tcp said:

credit tech for taking advantage of a gift. we started well, but never recovered from the butt reaming. looks like last year's team right now. not passing, not spacing, not finishing, just out of sorts. 

Not watching myself, but it sounds like this is mostly due to their imposition of will as a defense. they're known for this. Much respect to the raiders. We have to figure something out for the second half. refs not helping but this is mostly on us, and on their good defense. 

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay just got here so this have been stated but this game turned with a time out and a horrible call.

We need to get by the horrible call thing and play on. ? That has been a problem with Tim's teams in the past.

Build a bridge and get over it!?

kind of irked still at the timing of that Media timeout. but good teams maintain pressure and momentum through timeouts. Oh well. a team cant be on fire all the time, teams will naturally take their bumps and hit rough patches. maturity is working through it and being creative. I believe! tough end to the half. has the spirits low but I'm not out of beer yet. ?

nice saying, build a bridge and get over it! I'm taking that 

3 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

Not watching myself, but it sounds like this is mostly due to their imposition of will as a defense. they're known for this. Much respect to the raiders. We have to figure something out for the second half. refs not helping but this is mostly on us, and on their good defense. 

Like us, Tech is very long and active on defense. Our offensive sets...if you want to call them that aren’t helping much. Hopefully the staff can adjust after the break. We need some easy buckets and not hand in the face three attempts by Palmer. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Like us, Tech is very long and active on defense. Our offensive sets...if you want to call them that aren’t helping much. Hopefully the staff can adjust after the break. We need some easy buckets and not hand in the face three attempts by Palmer. 

yes. bad threes is old nebraska. lets not settle. I love what we're doing on D, and the fact that we're now a team on the level with a great squad like this. Defense wins championships. I think we get back into this and take control with turnovers and getting to the line. Fouling out always throws a wrench in a coach's plans, and so does making shots. lets get creative. we got this. 

1 minute ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hit a few threes and make your layups/free throws and we will pull this out. It’s definitely not gonna be pretty though. 60 points should win this ond

it was either this, or high scoring. Have to admit I havent seen TT this year, tho last year they were known as a tough, solid defensive team. Not overly surprised. we can do this.