Bugeaters1

4 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

F***, marry, kill
1. Shot tracker
2. These refs 
3. Nebraska shot selection/ball movement 

F#ck these refs, but not in the biblical way

Kill the shot selection and ball movement

Marry shot tracker. I hate that b!tch but she got some deep pockets. I could use a sugar momma.

5 minutes ago, Aaron Baldwin said:

This was an ugly game.  Palmer with 3 charges. (1 legit) Miles got T'd up.  Refs killed momentum of the game and left the team frustrated.  They continued to be frustrated and became flat.  It's not the end of the world, but beating a Elite 8 school the previous year would have been huge for this team's confidence.  This type of game could shatter it back to the way they played last year before conference play.

Palmer again was pretty invisible tonight.  He needs to take control of these games and be a leader on the floor. 

A few more of these type performances and Miles will be done this year.

Sorry, this was me, not sure how I signed in with Google...

:)

All is not lost, but this team has some work to do.  What Tech did tonight is what we will see in league play, and they didn't handle it well at all.

2 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Every big ten team thinking...oh, we just take a bunch of charges to stop JPJ 

never was an issue last year-

It’s pretty crazy how inconsistent refs are  against Seton hall every single thing was called a blocking foul.  In this tournament every single thing was called an offense of charge.  Except for that one call on Tanner today.  It won’t be an issue when we don’t have these refs anymore.  But the inconsistency means there will surely be a different problem sadly 

2 minutes ago, RexxRacerX said:

Sorry, this was me, not sure how I signed in with Google...

:)

All is not lost, but this team has some work to do.  What Tech did tonight is what we will see in league play, and they didn't handle it well at all.

I’m not sure why everyone is assuming that the defense in league play will be this good. Texas Tech is one of the best defense of teams in the country and might be the best we face all year.

Just horrible all the way around. We needed this win. We cannot lose games to middle of the pack power conference teams.

It's games like this that have me harking back to the last 20yrs of Husker basketball. 

1. Glynn got beat early and often. That should not happen to a senior guard.

2. Roby. Does he even play on this team. They need to find ways to get him some plays.

3. Where is the toughness?

4. Teams have figured JPJ out. He's one trick pony.

5. No excuse for losing this game.

2 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

1. Tech is good. 

2. Mooney made the right choice. 

3. We are going to win games this year. 

4. Another wasted opportunity at a quality win outside of Lincoln. 

5. Sky is not falling. 

6. The amount of 3’s we are taking officially has me concerned. 

7. Beat Clemson

Your 4 and 5 don't make sense together

We got our butt kicked by the first half way decent team we played

Edited by PimpMario

Just now, PimpMario said:

Your 4 and 5 don't make sense together

Not necessarily. We have plenty of more chances to get quality wins. 

Can we actually win outside of Lincoln though? Remains to be seen. Beating Clemson would be a good start. 

We we had a chance to make a mark tonight. On the verge of top 25. And we had a major letdown unfortunatly. 

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Not necessarily. We have plenty of more chances to get quality wins. 

Can we actually win outside of Lincoln though? Remains to be seen. Beating Clemson would be a good start. 

We we had a chance to make a mark tonight. On the verge of top 25. And we had a major letdown unfortunatly. 

I'm not sad we lost, I'm sad we got our butt kicked.

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

Just horrible all the way around. We needed this win. We cannot lose games to middle of the pack power conference teams.

It's games like this that have me harking back to the last 20yrs of Husker basketball. 

1. Glynn got beat early and often. That should not happen to a senior guard.

2. Roby. Does he even play on this team. They need to find ways to get him some plays.

3. Where is the toughness?

4. Teams have figured JPJ out. He's one trick pony.

5. No excuse for losing this game.

1.  Agree.

2.  Roby had chances on drives... passed the ball off.

3.  We lost the toughness because of the refs.  Should have kept going at em, but the refs killed our toughness.

4.  Teams are trying to draw charges.  Agree they’ve figured that out... but they are not all charges.

5. Disagree.  Tech is a good team too.  One of the better defenses we will see this year.  They went to the Elite 8 and their coach thinks they’ll be better this year.  Disagree that they are a middle of the pack Big 12 team.  I think they finish top 3-4.

Just now, PimpMario said:

I'm not sad we lost, I'm sad we got our butt kicked.

This is exactly my sentiment.  Tech is a good team, and a great defensive team.  We could not adapt a different strategy, and as experienced as this team is, we should have been able to.  Refs did no favors for Nebraska tonight, but good teams find a way to overcome that and get their rhythm back.

We will see this team get more chances down the road, but Clemson just became must win now.

3 minutes ago, RexxRacerX said:

This is exactly my sentiment.  Tech is a good team, and a great defensive team.  We could not adapt a different strategy, and as experienced as this team is, we should have been able to.  Refs did no favors for Nebraska tonight, but good teams find a way to overcome that and get their rhythm back.

We will see this team get more chances down the road, but Clemson just became must win now.

A road game against a Top 25 team is not a “must” win.  Creighton and OKST... maybe... but not Clemson.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

1.  Agree.

2.  Roby had chances on drives... passed the ball off.

3.  We lost the toughness because of the refs.  Should have kept going at em, but the refs killed our toughness.

4.  Teams are trying to draw charges.  Agree they’ve figured that out... but they are not all charges.

5. Disagree.  Tech is a good team too.  One of the better defenses we will see this year.  They went to the Elite 8 and their coach thinks they’ll be better this year.  Disagree that they are a middle of the pack Big 12 team.  I think they finish top 3-4.

TTech is a middle of the pack B12 team and that will be born out of over the season. Just because they look good against us doesn't mean they are top 4 team in the Big12. They lost a lot of from last seasons team.

Toughness is being outrebounded by nearly 10 and getting abused in the paint.

Agree that they are a very good defensive team, which we will see a lot of, only better in BIG play.

This was an important game to win. Likely a Q2. We need to win those kinds of games. If we learned anything from last year it is that winning Q1/2 games is extremely important when it comes selection Sunday.

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

TTech is a middle of the pack B12 team and that will be born out of over the season. Just because they look good against us doesn't mean they are top 4 team in the Big12. They lost a lot of from last seasons team.

Toughness is being outrebounded by nearly 10 and getting abused in the paint.

Agree that they are a very good defensive team, which we will see a lot of, only better in BIG play.

This was an important game to win. Likely a Q2. We need to win those kinds of games. If we learned anything from last year it is that winning Q1/2 games is extremely important when it comes selection Sunday.

I’d venture to guess this would have been a quadrant 1 win. Tech will finish top 50 in the RPI. 

Hopefully Miles can finally get us that first quad 1 win next week. 

Obvious concerns tonight.

palmer has basically had back to back terrible games( blame tonight’s on the refs if you want )

palmers and Watson’s shot selection for seniors was flat out bad tonight

spot light was to bright for Allen. He seems to want to dribble instead of catching and shooting for some reason.

free throws were bad tonight especially on some 1 n 1 

miles is gonna have to either deal with some of nana defensive lulls or Harris is gonna have to show something on the offensive end.

the minutes played tonight seemed alil excessive especially with the last ten minutes of the game basically being a ten point game in their favor