uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 4 - Missouri St.

uneblinstu

4 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

Somehow, Roby has to become more aggressive.

He’s a superstar with a barely beta mentality.

Announcers were talking about this, too. Sometimes a player is just who he or she is, and they have a personality that is what it is. Roby's a junior now, and he's basically the same player mentally that he's always been. He wouldn't be the first player to have NBA tools but a mid major personality. That's no sin, either, but if it stays this way his pro career will likely be short and in Europe. 

Just now, Huskerpapa said:

Not much going on with MSU board.  They hate the technical, hate their uniforms, we were more athletic, and it came down to our three point shooting...meh.

https://247sports.com/college/missouri-state/Board/Missouri-State-Bears-Basketball-Message-Board-Forum-59468/

Just posted the links to USC and Tech on the forum board.

I know it was a long, long time ago, but it was JPJ that made a 3 pointer when Seton Hall had closed to within 2 pts after that fiasco tech.  And it was JPJ that scored 28 in that game (yes, by getting to the rim). But the big shot was the 3 when it matter.  I don't buy into JPJ stock is down because of one bad shooting night.

Seriously, if you are even slightly thinking about coming down to KC tomorrow, DO IT! WE NEED all the huskers down here. Loud and proud!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And clearly there is no shortage of available tickets. COME TO KC EVERYBODY!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Solid team win with another great defensive effort.  We are hard as hell to score on consistently.

Healthy Copeland sure looks like our best player so far this year, and Glynn was leading with confidence again.  Cope has the most underrated leaping ability ever.  

Not worried about JPJ.  They were set up to stop him defensively.  He had very few iso opportunities and found his teammates.  

Roby found the real Roby again late.  He needs to be the right place, right time guy for this team.  Points will come, but he’s special defensively, on the glass, as a passer, and in transition.  He needs to stay agressive in those ways.  

Unsung hero:  Tanner.  He gave us fantastic minutes in the first half on both ends.  Great leadership and toughness.  

Outside of JPJ’s offense, basically everyone else was pretty solid.  MSU will beat some teams this year.  

Tomorrow is huge.  

1. as others have said, so happy Nana stayed, he’s a real option off the bench gives us some solid flexiblity as he’s a shooter, but also very athletic and can take it to the rack and get some good boards. 

2. Allen is going to hurt some teams feelings this season, you D up on Palmer/Copeland and they find him and he just buries 3’s. 

3. I’d like Palmer to take a step back while he figures out his shot ( that hitch is baaaaaddd) and let Roby get some more iso looks. He’s not agressive but we’re also not getting him looks in advantageous positions, he’s more than a rim runner. I want to see him be put in a playmaker spot. Honestly like to see him run some Point -5 when Watson needs a blow. 

It’s awesome having a team with multiple players that can carry us. I remember one season that if Larry Florence didn’t get at least 21 or more, we were gonna lose by a lot. This team has much better balance than perhaps I originally thought. Nana and Tom have shown the ability from three so opposing teams can’t leave them wide open.

i love me some Roby, but he just seems way too laid back at times, wish he would play aggressive offensively all the time. Still, if he plays solid defense, that’s great too.

Watching the Tech vs. USC game right now, our bigs are going to be seriously tested tomorrow night. 

53 minutes ago, khoock said:

Roby hasnt looked like a first round pick to me at all this year, EXCEPT for that stretch late in the second half where he was aggresive and looked so powerful and quick. That spin he had on his way to the basket was niiiiice. Dudes who are 6'8 and 230 cant usually move like that.

That Roby is definitely an NBA player

But we need to see that Roby more often.

Glynn and Copeland are playing great bball right now. James not so much, i liked how he deferred to his teammates in the second half and picked up some nice assists.

Nana is gonna be our spark plug off the bench. No other bench player is capable of scoring more than a couple points at the moment.

Tom Allen hit some threes and collected FIVE steals. Thats awesome.

This isn’t meant to be a knock on Roby, merely an observation, but right now he reminds me of a poor man’s Scottie Pippen minus the offensive game. He needs to look for his shot more & start finishing when he’s at the rim.

55 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Here's to hoping that Tech and USC play five overtimes!!!  

Solid win tonight.  Thought Palmer really played within himself in the 2nd half.  He clearly has some mechanics to tweak on his 3 point shot and I am pretty sure he didn't chuck.up a three over the final 10 minutes or so.  He did a good job of facilitating in the 2nd half knowing he wasn't shooting good.  I think that mentality can help dispel the notion that he is going to be a me first player and try to get his to the detriment of the team.  He showed a lot of maturity to me tonight.  I love this team.

Nah, I want the test. I want to see what they've got.

14 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

It’s awesome having a team with multiple players that can carry us. I remember one season that if Larry Florence didn’t get at least 21 or more, we were gonna lose by a lot. This team has much better balance than perhaps I originally thought. Nana and Tom have shown the ability from three so opposing teams can’t leave them wide open.

i love me some Roby, but he just seems way too laid back at times, wish he would play aggressive offensively all the time. Still, if he plays solid defense, that’s great too.

Watching the Tech vs. USC game right now, our bigs are going to be seriously tested tomorrow night. 

T. Owens ate our lunch at the rim last season.

Mooney scored 18 on Nebraska 2 years ago.

Either team will be a good test tomorrow, most complete teams we’ll have played by far.

colhusker is happy with the win.  Am a bit concerned that we got beat off the dribble as often as we did.  Some may be the scheme we use, some may have been MO State's quickness.  We got a lot of fouls reaching to block shots after getting beat.  Love that despite our best player struggling big time tonight we beat a decent team by 20.  Think we are going to have a fun season.

Notes from Huskers.com

*-Nebraska has scored 80+ points in their first four games for the first time since the 1992-93 season.
*-The Huskers have won all four games by at least 23 points. 
*-Isaac Copeland Jr. had his first 20-point game and 10th of his career, finishing with 23 points.
*-Thomas Allen has a career-high five steals, including four in the first half. His previous high was three against Southeastern Louisiana.
*-Nebraska has shot 50 percent or higher in three of its four games, while holding all four opponents under 42 percent. 
*-Nebraska has blocked six or more shots in all four games. 
*-Copeland and Watson have been in double figures in all four of the Huskers’ games. 
*-Isaiah Roby’s four assists in a career high, topping his previous best of three.
*-James Palmer Jr. was held to eight points, the first time in 18 games he was held out of double figures. 
*-With the win, Tim Miles tied Doc Sadler for fourth on NU’s career wins list with 101.