Missouri St. (3-0) vs. Nebraska (3-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

This is super helpful statistics for coaches and for bball guys like all of us.  This is something that I would 100% check every now and then.  Unfortunately, to the average fan, what happened last night could turn them away if it continues I have a feeling.  It was brutal at points.  

I suppose it depends on what happens. I don't think you're going to see a TV broadcast with this stuff turned on during game play or a giant infomercial.  I do think for games streamed, which will happen a lot more, you could chose to turn on certain features. 

it's a great app for routine time out stats checks. I'm guessing a lot of you are like me and you like to burn ad time by looking at the current boxes, especially if it's a box with advanced stats. 

during gameplay, though, it's like having the cat that keeps jumping in front of your tv to get you to pay attention to them. 

Just now, hhcmatt said:

I suppose it depends on what happens. I don't think you're going to see a TV broadcast with this stuff turned on during game play or a giant infomercial.  I do think for games streamed, which will happen a lot more, you could chose to turn on certain features. 

I figured that last night was probably more "hyped" up on the regular TV than it would be in the future.  It's also totally understandable because it's new and we are the only tournament using it if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

I figured that last night was probably more "hyped" up on the regular TV than it would be in the future.  It's also totally understandable because it's new and we are the only tournament using it if I remember correctly.

if I heard correctly, it was the first televised game to use it. so that was its debut. 

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

First Div 1 team to use it in a game.  They used it for the NAIA championships I think.

21 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Boy, did the lads ever butcher that! Quick, somebody play the original Wilbert Harrison version, or even the Fats Domino cover. Incidentally, my sister attended the Beatles concert at Municipal Stadium in KC in 1964. It remains one of the highlights of her teenage years.

Jimmy, wrong song.  The Beatles covered Little Richard, not Wilbert Harrison.  I'll cut you some slack, though.  Being a Pat Boone fan, you probably didn't buy any Little Richard 45's.  ?

Akenten/Allen vs. Taylor/Gill

Certainly before the year started, we worried about our frontline because of Jordy's and Chan's departures, but the other area of concern involved replacing the contributions of Evan Taylor and Anton Gill, whether as starters or off the bench. While I acknowledge the sample size is way too small, here's what's happened so far, statistically. In general, these two sophomores are acquitting themselves well in place of two seniors. Shit gets real tonight, of course. The other comparison would be how Amir Harris is replacing Thomas' contributions, but they're such different players, it's not a fair comparison. Suffice to say that Amir is playing his role (defense, ball handling, dishing) well.

T/G = Entire 17-18 season stats

A/A = Four games in 18-19

Minutes per game

T/G = 50.3

A/A = 38.8

PPG up

T/G = 14.5

A/A = 17.8

RPG down

T/G = 5.3

A/A = 4.8

APG push

T/G =  3.4

A/A = 3.3

SPG up

T/G = 1.4

A/A = 2.8

Turnovers improved

T/G = 2.0/game

A/A = 1.0/game

3-pt

T/G = 39.1 percent (2.2 makes per game)

A/A = 46.2 percent (4.5 makes per game)

FT

T/G = 75.4 percent (3.8 attempts per game)

A/A = 60.0 percent (1.3 attempts per game)

Edited by jayschool

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I would love the option, but I don’t want it forced upon me at random, nonsensical times.