2018 B1G-ACC Challenge Schedule

throwback

10 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

He just drew his 5th to essentially win them the game. They showed the replay of all 5. 1 was for sure the right call, the other four could have easily gone the other way.

Just another example of referees being biased. There are definitely examples of referees having preconceived notions on husker players as well.

Good for us - Glynn can get all up in his man all game long and rarely gets called for fouls. Yes a lot of that is Glynn being an exeptional defender,  but some of that is benefit of the doubt.

Bad for us - Roby getting called for phantom fouls EVERY game. I haven’t gone back and looked to validate this, but it feels like half of his fouls are crap, and probably a quarter of them this year are phantom calls.

I’m pretty sure the refs do their own scouting report before the games so they can help get a feel for what they expect, and sometimes they get into their own heads too far.

5 charges drawn by one guy, seriously?! Is that even possible?  This block/charge rule is ridiculous.

Edited by jason2486

Could've been an ugly night for the B1G, but good comebacks by Iowa and Wisconsin

Going to go out on a limb and say Duke holds on to even the series at 4-4.

NU the only team to win on the road.

2018 B1G-ACC Challenge

(all times Central)

SERIES TIED 4-4

Nebraska 68, at Clemson 66

at Iowa 69, Pitt 68

at Wisconsin 79, NC State 75

at Penn St 63, Virginia Tech 62

at Boston College 68, Minnesota 56

at Louisville 82, Michigan St 78 (ot)

at Duke A LOT, Indiana NOT ENOUGH

at Notre Dame 76, Illinois 74

Wednesday, Nov. 28

6:15 pm – Syracuse at Ohio St (-5.5), ESPN2

6:15 pm – Rutgers at Miami (-11), ESPNU

6:30 pm – Virginia (-3.5) at Maryland, ESPN

8:15 pm – Purdue at Florida St (-4.5), ESPN2

8:15 pm – Georgia Tech at Northwestern (-7.5), ESPNU

8:30 pm – N Carolina at Michigan (-3), ESPN

Vegas thinks it will end in a 7-7 tie; I'd prefer if the home teams keep winning to give the B1G an 8-6 edge.

There were definitely times today where the b1g didnt look like they'd pull out any of the 3 games we won.  Gritty wins which sounds right.  Lots of good grinder teams... which means we can win every game or lose some we shouldnt.

If the conferences were tied going into day 3 I liked our chances.  That hasn't changed.

2 hours ago, kleitus said:

There were definitely times today where the b1g didnt look like they'd pull out any of the 3 games we won.  Gritty wins which sounds right.  Lots of good grinder teams... which means we can win every game or lose some we shouldnt.

If the conferences were tied going into day 3 I liked our chances.  That hasn't changed.

Thing is, the ACC fans could've said the same thing. The fact is these two conferences are the heavyweights this season and they're certainly playing like it. I'm really impressed with the quality of the slate, even with a few "mismatches on paper", this has been as good as any tourney. I hope this series never goes away. 

9 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I am going to hate Davison for the next three years.  Just saying.

Aaron Craft, Part Deux.

It drives me crazy, because he gets this reputation and now all he has to do is fall to the floor, oversell it, and he'll get the call.  To be fair, he does play good D, but it's not a charge every time.  Unfortunately, he'll get 80%+ called his way going forward.

Davison's a fairly stout dude and I find it laughable that a 180# Johnson from NC State can knock him 5 to 10 feet backwards.

9 hours ago, throwback said:

Could've been an ugly night for the B1G, but good comebacks by Iowa and Wisconsin

Going to go out on a limb and say Duke holds on to even the series at 4-4.

NU the only team to win on the road.

2018 B1G-ACC Challenge

(all times Central)

SERIES TIED 4-4

Nebraska 68, at Clemson 66

at Iowa 69, Pitt 68

at Wisconsin 79, NC State 75

at Penn St 63, Virginia Tech 62

at Boston College 68, Minnesota 56

at Louisville 82, Michigan St 78 (ot)

at Duke A LOT, Indiana NOT ENOUGH

at Notre Dame 76, Illinois 74

Wednesday, Nov. 28

6:15 pm – Syracuse at Ohio St (-5.5), ESPN2

6:15 pm – Rutgers at Miami (-11), ESPNU

6:30 pm – Virginia (-3.5) at Maryland, ESPN

8:15 pm – Purdue at Florida St (-4.5), ESPN2

8:15 pm – Georgia Tech at Northwestern (-7.5), ESPNU

8:30 pm – N Carolina at Michigan (-3), ESPN

Vegas thinks it will end in a 7-7 tie; I'd prefer if the home teams keep winning to give the B1G an 8-6 edge.

All but 2 so far were 1-possession games down to the wire.  Pretty good match-ups and fun to watch.

1 hour ago, NUtball said:

Aaron Craft, Part Deux.

It drives me crazy, because he gets this reputation and now all he has to do is fall to the floor, oversell it, and he'll get the call.  To be fair, he does play good D, but it's not a charge every time.  Unfortunately, he'll get 80%+ called his way going forward.

Davison's a fairly stout dude and I find it laughable that a 180# Johnson from NC State can knock him 5 to 10 feet backwards.

‘Plus he is just throwing is chest in front of people. I know you do not have to have your feet set but your feet need to be in front of the guy as well. Hopefully they catch on to what he is doing soon, it is crap he gets those.

same with Happ, he can reach / slap all the time. If Roby played like him he would have 15 fouls a game

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Davison is a good player.  The comparison to Craft is a good one, particularly on defense.  But I do believe he is much better offensively then Craft.  He will be a hated pest for three years...Ughh.

Is he going to get his shot back? Craft was a pass first PG whereas Davison is essentially a shooting guard hitting 36% from the field

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Is he going to get his shot back? Craft was a pass first PG whereas Davison is essentially a shooting guard hitting 36% from the field

I think so...he is a pretty gifted athlete and appears to have a good release.  But hey, when he plays the Huskers, I hope that he doesn't exceed 25%.

14 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

Davison, world class flopper/charge taker, back at it again with NC State

If he wants to flop I go at him in first few minutes of a game and make him "earn" that charge. And by earn it, I mean flatten him and make him hit the floor hard. And then inform him that it won't be the only time he will get "charged" into all night.