Rarefied Air

Norm Peterson

14-15 team was actually ranked in both polls coming into the season if i recall correctly.

but webster gave us nothing that year, shields shot 19% from 3, pitchford completely fell off, leslee barely played, and petteway was actually worse overall than his soph year.

this year's team is simply more talented than that team was

glynn 4 star

allen 4 star

palmer 4 star

roby 4 star

copeland 5 star

Edited by TimSmiles

1 minute ago, TimSmiles said:

14-15 team was actually ranked in both polls coming into the season if i call recall correctly.

but webster gave us nothing that year, pitchford completely fell off, leslee barely played, and petteway was actually worse overall than his soph year.

Correct.  We got floor rushed in a loss to Rhode Island and everything kind of went downhill from there.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Correct.  We got floor rushed in a loss to Rhode Island and everything kind of went downhill from there.

Even got locked out of the locker room (on purpose) after a beatdown against the Hawkeyes. Wouldn’t it be so sweet 4 years later to beat Iowa the final game of this season at PBA to lock up a 7 seed (or better) in the NCAA tourney.  

32 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The last time we had a team in the NCAA tourney discussion in November was a full generation ago.

This is rarefied air for us.  Make sure you breath it in and plenty of it.  You don't know when you'll see it happen again.

I appreciate this moment and what this history means, I'll enjoy it...

However:

We cant just see a good season like this as an anomaly we have to enjoy while its here. I understand because of the misery we've experienced as husker fans, but in my opinion as fans and as a program, the attitude and mood around here has to change! Enough of this loser mentality, we have to find 20 wins and some national attention more of a normality in the state, and start to string these seasons together so that we can actually build a successful program and attract talent. Of course, that doesnt mean getting ahead of ourselves and expecting crazy standards like in football. I love where we are as nebrasketball and everything that means, including how special this all all feels, and how much we value heart  hustle and hard work in our players and a high standard of fan support (side note, I'm a bit worried about some of the bad fans we attract when we find success, but I suppose that's to be expected. that's also another topic for another day)

In the end, we should enjoy this! But dont think this is a one and done. I believe in tim and everyone involved, the AD and the direction we're going. Time to accept success. (This all isnt meant as an attack on you btw, just pointing out something I feel is an important detail)

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

14-15 team was actually ranked in both polls coming into the season if i recall correctly.

but webster gave us nothing that year, shields shot 19% from 3, pitchford completely fell off, leslee barely played, and petteway was actually worse overall than his soph year.

glynn 4 star

allen 4 star

palmer 4 star

roby 4 star

copeland 5 star

Nana 4 star

heiman high 3 star

borchardt experienced senior. 

A lot of talent and a lot of experience here. Gonna be a real fun ride

10 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Nana 4 star

heiman high 3 star

borchardt experienced senior. 

A lot of talent and a lot of experience here. Gonna be a real fun ride

Um Nana was a 3 star and I wouldn't say Brady was high 3 star. At least as far as 24/7 composite goes but they are playing super well so I don't really care about rankings.

They yapped endlessly the other day on the Ticket about winning "A" game in the tournament. I'm SO sick of that mind set I want to put a fork in my eye. Here's a thought, if you make the tournament, why not try to WIN the tournament? Not to jump the gun here, but there have been numerous teams far less talented than NU that have made a run at the Title, (Butler comes to mind for example) Anyway... that's my rant for the day, GBR!

Edited by Handy Johnson

15 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

glynn 4 star

allen 4 star

palmer 4 star

roby 4 star

copeland 5 star

That team lost its third game, which was on the road to Rhode Island, though the real tailspin didn't hit until December with losses to (name of Jesuit school in Omaha goes here), Incarnate Word and Hawaii. #onegameatatime

10 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

Um Nana was a 3 star and I wouldn't say Brady was high 3 star. At least as far as 24/7 composite goes but they are playing super well so I don't really care about rankings.

You are correct on nana,apologizes. It’s really all based on what service you use. I prefer to go by rivals however 24/7 ranks more guys so their service is probably a better way to gauge the guys we get.

19 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

They yapped endlessly the other day on the Ticket about winning "A" game in the tournament. I'm SO sick of that mind set I want to put a fork in my eye. Here's a thought, if you make the tournament, why not try to WIN the tournament? Not to jump the gun here, but there have been numerous teams far less talented than NU that have made a run at the Title, (Butler comes to mind for example) Anyway... that's my rant for the day, GBR!

Butler was "far less talented" than us?   Seriously?    With Gordon Freaking Hayward?  Brad Stephens is a great coach, but he wasn't doing it with a bunch of stiffs.