Seton Hall (1-0) vs. Nebraska (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

That only happened after the ticky-tack BS on Roby and Watson in the 2nd half. They weren't giving Palmer those calls in the first half. There was one particular penetration where Palmer got obliterated by the Russian on a drive at the hoop in the 1st half and there was no call.  The whistles on those completely changed after that T and then Watson's 3rd foul.  Because, at that point, they'd set the standard and had to live by it or there would have been a revolt.

I disagree there was a time or two in the first half where we benefited from little contact foul calls on the drive they had one or two as well. Also those refs did not think they were wrong on the moving screen call and did not call make up calls i.e Tanners fourth. They claimed he was moving which was technically was but only because he was 1. not setting a screen and 2. not touching anyone. So basically they were claiming any offensive movement is a moving screen. This may sound like I'm going easy on them to be clear I am not even the fact that they called everything at the basket was terrible. On top of that some of the traveling calls they made were ridiculous. Glynn got called for one early in the game that I went back and watched where he caught the ball took one step and jump stopped. If theyre gonna call that might as well prohibit passing to a moving player at all.

2 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

I disagree there was a time or two in the first half where we benefited from little contact foul calls on the drive they had one or two as well. Also those refs did not think they were wrong on the moving screen call and did not call make up calls i.e Tanners fourth. They claimed he was moving which was technically was but only because he was 1. not setting a screen and 2. not touching anyone. So basically they were claiming any offensive movement is a moving screen. This may sound like I'm going easy on them to be clear I am not even the fact that they called everything at the basket was terrible. On top of that some of the traveling calls they made were ridiculous. Glynn got called for one early in the game that I went back and watched where he caught the ball took one step and jump stopped. If theyre gonna call that might as well prohibit passing to a moving player at all.

If all of that is true then I hope by now they realize by watching the replay that they were really wrong on the Roby screen call. If not they need to pack it in. You can only get better by acknowledging your mistakes and they have some serious acknowledging to do.

4 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

If all of that is true then I hope by now they realize by watching the replay that they were really wrong on the Roby screen call. If not they need to pack it in. You can only get better by acknowledging your mistakes and they have some serious acknowledging to do.

I hope the white haired guy gets fired and works at a bank for the rest of his life personally.

19 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

There should be a 'School for Remedial Officiating' somewhere where we could send 'Em!  [IMG]

12 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

He was a few rows behind us. I actually thought it was pretty funny, saying things I would have liked to say. I did not realize he was in other peoples personal space though, that is not cool. Did someone try to fight him?

People all around were telling him to knock it off.  Switched seats with my mom so no one thought he was there with me.  Whattaboner.