Seton Hall (1-0) vs. Nebraska (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Let's put this one in perspective.

we just ho-hummed a 22 point win over a top 50ish team with roby barely doing anything.

yeah, it was at home.  yeah jpj put on a clinic after his first 7 shots or so... but well...

we just ho-hummed a 22 point win over a top 50ish team with roby barely doing anything.

we are legit, guys.  looking forward to monday.

The moral of the game for me is that even when this team struggles offensively, their defense is absolutely nasty and will keep them in any game.  Then, when the offense gets rolling, look out, because you blow the doors off teams like we did in the second half.  I hope this team realizes how good they can be ?

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Palmer starts 0-8 and Roby only plays 14 minutes. We win by 20+.

The big four will carry us but i was definitely pleased with the play of Tanner and Brady!

I was happy with everyone off the bench, no one looked out of place at all. If we could be 9 deep, that’d be killer.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

26-9 since the T was called.

I absolutely LOVE that this team has the quality and attitude that when they feel adversity or BS, it motivates them. Makes them mad but quietly resilient. yeah, i'm projecting a bit here. But I love the heart. reminds me of old Memphis griz grit and grind, plus some scorers. if only we had our own Marc Gasol! happy with heiman and borchardt's hard work and hustle tho. ultimately a small ball team though.

Any one, besides me, sitting near or around the belligerent clown shouting incessantly the whole 2nd half in section 104?  I actually don't think he was drunk either; I say this with a degree of confidence given the number of times he felt the need to get right in my personal space to scream at the refs with seemingly no scent of alcohol on him.

Holy hell that made me uncomfortable; can't imagine if my kid had been there with me.

11 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

The refs were awful and mostly towards us but man  if you went into the lane you were getting a foul guaranteed and no questions asked. Palmer figures it out and abused it without fail.  Didn’t even make them either just collected the free throws.

That only happened after the ticky-tack BS on Roby and Watson in the 2nd half. They weren't giving Palmer those calls in the first half. There was one particular penetration where Palmer got obliterated by the Russian on a drive at the hoop in the 1st half and there was no call.  The whistles on those completely changed after that T and then Watson's 3rd foul.  Because, at that point, they'd set the standard and had to live by it or there would have been a revolt.

Edited by Norm Peterson

45 minutes ago, rwmctrofholz said:

Any one, besides me, sitting near or around the belligerent clown shouting incessantly the whole 2nd half in section 104?  I actually don't think he was drunk either; I say this with a degree of confidence given the number of times he felt the need to get right in my personal space to scream at the refs with seemingly no scent of alcohol on him.

Holy hell that made me uncomfortable; can't imagine if my kid had been there with me.

He was a few rows behind us. I actually thought it was pretty funny, saying things I would have liked to say. I did not realize he was in other peoples personal space though, that is not cool. Did someone try to fight him?

53 minutes ago, rwmctrofholz said:

I sit 11 sections away from him, and could hear him.  I wasn't sure who he was directing his anger at though.  I thought at one time he was yelling at James???  That said, I was pretty loud myself, but no more so then many sitting near or around me.?

18 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I sit 11 sections away from him, and could hear him.  I wasn't sure who he was directing his anger at though.  I thought at one time he was yelling at James???  That said, I was pretty loud myself, but no more so then many sitting near or around me.?

He was on the refs, continuously and unmercifully.