Seton Hall (1-0) vs. Nebraska (2-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Just now, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Brady’s length has made a difference on a few offensive boards- he is a bit quicker to the ball too.

Miles has no qualms going deeper than I thought in a tighter game. 

Honestly think the thought process for Miles was "As long as we have the lead, I can sit guys like Roby and Glynn."  He did a masterful job with subbing that half I think.

We need to be clear about who we're playing. This Hall team was pretty much picked by everyone to be near the very bottom of their conference. One returning starter, albeit a good one. If we're the team we think we are, we have got to assert ourselves much more strongly. And we need to adjust to that guard penetration into the pain for those floaters. 

And stop playing the whole bench like it's last week. 

Just now, tcp said:

We need to be clear about who we're playing. This Hall team was pretty much picked by everyone to be near the very bottom of their conference. One returning starter, albeit a good one. If we're the team we think we are, we have got to assert ourselves much more strongly. And we need to adjust to that guard penetration into the pain for those floaters. 

Might as well let them play to see how they do while you have a lead.

For this game?  Cost us a few points.  Maybe.

Might make our season by the end though...

Just now, tcp said:

We're still playing a Big East team as well.  Not some SWAC team on a Tuesday night.  I agree that we didn't play very well, but I tend to give SH more credit that have than NU more discredit.

1 minute ago, kleitus said:

Might as well let them play to see how they do while you have a lead.

For this game?  Cost us a few points.  Maybe.

Might make our season by the end though...

I think that's coaching malpractice unless it's absolutely necessary. Sure, if we have a *good* lead you can do that stuff. A 6 point lead against a Big East team happy you're letting them hang around with maybe two scorers and a bunch of new players? 

Obviously with Roby dorking it up on fouls someone had to come, and with Thomas basically being invisible, trying someone out there is also legit. So maybe I'm being too harsh, but it feels like we're rotating to rotate right now, and it's disrupted several attempt s at longer runs. 

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

We're still playing a Big East team as well.  Not some SWAC team on a Tuesday night.  I agree that we didn't play very well, but I tend to give SH more credit that have than NU more discredit.

Same for Us.  SH is not shooting all that well either!  Maybe our Defense has something to do with it!

Just now, tcp said:

I think that's coaching malpractice unless it's absolutely necessary. Sure, if we have a *good* lead you can do that stuff. A 6 point lead against a Big East team happy you're letting them hang around with maybe two scorers and a bunch of new players? 

Obviously with Roby dorking it up on fouls someone had to come, and with Thomas basically being invisible, trying someone out there is also legit. So maybe I'm being too harsh, but it feels like we're rotating to rotate right now, and it's disrupted several attempt s at longer runs. 

When is he going to get them in a game to see how they do?  Next few weeks are filled with teams like this.  It is a good test against legit size.

I'd rather see it sooner than later personally.  You want their first exposure to good players to be at the barn in december (im exaggerating.. kinda... but still)?

Just now, kleitus said:

When is he going to get them in a game to see how they do?  Next few weeks are filled with teams like this.  It is a good test against legit size.

I'd rather see it sooner than later personally.  You want their first exposure to good players to be at the barn in december (im exaggerating.. kinda... but still)?

I want them to get into a game. I don't want them playing over a third of it.