Glynn Watson jr

Boy he’s off to a good start this year, it got me thinking with Watson being our first ever top 150 recruit I believe has he met? Exceeded? Or failed to meet your expectations for him?

hes likely going to end his career as a top ten all time scorer and maybe a top 8 if we make a post season run. He weathered the storm while the likes of white, morrow, and Jacobsen all transfered. Last year he seemed to really lose confidence in his stroke but his sophomore year him and Tai were basically the whole team.

Probably will end up playing the most games of any husker ever. Could get as high as number 3 on the all-time steals list. If he keeps shooting the 3 he will probably crack the top ten there as well. Alil disappointing to look at the assist numbers but that’s got a lot to do with not having talent around him those first couple seasons 

His shooting was off his Junior year, but other than that, Glynn Watson Jr. has carved out an enormously success career at NU in several aspects of the game. He's basically been Coach Miles "general" on the court for over half of his tenure at Nebraska. I'd say that he's pretty darn valuable. Exceeds expectations with a solid, if not spectacular, Senior season & a Big Dance victory. GBR

Edited by AuroranHusker

11 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I think he has generally met expectations.  He may end up exceeding expectations depending on how this year plays out.

By the way, I thought it was Tai who lit up Ball, not Glynn?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400926743

Glynn had 27 and Tai had 19. Lonzo only only had 13 ?

I have it on good authority that Glynn Watson can't stand Coach Miles and he's going to transfer at the end of his freshman sophomore junior senior year of college.

He's as good as gone at the end of this season. He will NOT be back on the team next year. Take it to the bank.

I have good sources.

Glynn has a very real shot at finishing as a top 10 scorer in school history. He's almost certain to get to #13, but there's a huge jump from 13 to 12. He'd have to have a huge season and probably a bunch of post season games to get to top 10, but it's within his reach. He'd need to average 16 ppg in the known 32 games we'll have. More games lowers that ppg threshold, of course. He's currently averaging 17.5 ppg, small sample size, I know...

Edited by uneblinstu

Met expectations I would say. Jumper is looking much better this year. Getting some air under the ball where in years past, it has been somewhat of a flat shot but has worked. It just looks better and like it is going to go in every time opposed to the flat laser-like shot he put up in the past. I don't think the effort has ever been in question. Confidence, maybe. I think this year will be a great year for GW. If we want to make a run into the tourney, GW will have to be the main focal point and everyone else will get theirs if he's rolling. 

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

Glynn has a very real shot at finishing as a top 10 scorer in school history. He's almost certain to get to #13, but there's a huge jump from 13 to 12. He'd have to have a huge season and probably a bunch of post season games to get to top 10, but it's within his reach. He'd need to average 16 ppg in the known 32 games we'll have. More games lowers that ppg threshold, of course. He's currently averaging 17.5 ppg, small sample size, I know...

Ya it’s gonna be a stretch. I was looking at a top ten that didn’t include shields when I made the thread. I think he probably averages in the 12 to 14 ppg range so it’s gonna take a deep post season run to get into the top ten im thinking. Either way heck of a career. Palmer should hit a 1000 in two years, that’s fairly impressive also 

Honestly, Glynn has been amazing for this program.  He does a lot of things that doesn't show up in the stats.  He has given Miles a steady floor general for four straight years, toughed out a few rough years, and he has become a solid leader this year it seems.  Glynn is a player that isn't afraid to get his nose dirty.  He has been all over this year so far.  He is playing like this is his last opportunity and it is.  

As Jimmy noted, Glynn is leading this team to great things so far this year.

Outstanding career so far, and plenty of opportunities left to go down as one of our best PGs ever (he's up there already).

The major area he has stood out to me is on the defensive side, and that says a lot about his character, in my opinion.  His defensive disruptions were the difference in several early games last season. 

I'd take him over any PG in the B1G right now if he continues playing well.  He's the difference between a hovering Top 25 team and a Top 15 team this season.  

List of some of Nebraska's best point guards, in no particular order:

Glynn Watson, Jr.

Ty Lue

Brian Carr

Lance Jeter

Jack Moore

Ricky Marsh

Jamar Johnson

Willard Witte

Herschell Turner

Tai Webster (combo)

Stu Lantz (combo)