uneblinstu’s postgame chatter vol 11, ed 2

uneblinstu

Dominating win over an inferior opponent. It seems like this is the kind of thing other teams and NU never could. I’m looking forward to seeing them go up against a more competitive team on Wednesday. 

I was in and out of his one as my stream was a little goofy, so my thoughts are a little all over the place at the moment. Y’all go ahead and get started. 

All starters finish with 10+ points.

Brady averaging 9.5 PPG.

When things are clicking, we look really good.  Top 25 good?  Heck yes.

Depth is starting to worry me less and less.  Nana will provide some threes off the bench, Tanner and Brady can combine for 10+ MPG if needed, and Amir, Thor will provide consistency.

If Palmer finds his shot, I think he will, we could be deadly from deep.  Either way, we are a decent shooting team with a good dribble/drive game.

1 minute ago, TimSmiles said:

only negative i can come up with is that palmer, roby, copeland are 2-16 from 3 so far.

seton hall game should tell us a lot more about this team.

Yeah?  Well, I know something the coaches from Seton Hall and Clemson don't know.  ?

(If you think I'm being cryptic, you're right.)

I was expecting more of a battle today.  The first 3 or 4 minutes sort of kept me worried.  But then...we laid the wood on them.  

After our first ten three point shots, we were at 10%, from then on, we did an excellent job.  

Defense continues to impress me.  I cannot believe that team was that inept on the offensive end.  Our length, our ability to switch, our quickness all takes a toll.  

Good job men!

By the way students, when are you going to realize we have a top 25 team and we need your loud support.  Hopefully we will see a great turnout on Wednesday.

Edited by Huskerpapa

2 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Think Brady has already shown/demonstrated some things that Jordy never did.   Like hands, footwork, court awareness.   Jordy still has the mass advantage over Brady though.

Jordy had the court awareness of a 12 year old junior high girl who doesn't really like playing basketball and spends the entire game worrying about how her hair looks.

Biggest takeaway for me today was the play of Glynn. And it had nothing to do with the stat line. He was full-go from the tip, completely dictating the pace that it appears we want to play. Constantly up in his man’s grill, flying up for rebounds, and I even caught him on several occasions talking some T to SELA guys. 

Thats the kind of leadership I think we’re going to need from him to get where we want to go. I also think that energy has a big impact as to the little things, such as the amount of deflections and tips we were able to get on the defensive end. I’ve heard rumblings of this but I think today was proof for my eyes... Coach Gates is having a massive impact on this kids swagger and confidence. I love it. 

I know it's still technically football season for some of our less intelligent/less interesting friends out there, but I was wondering if that Bill Moos guy is going to be able to focus on more than one sport at a time this year. The early results from this team are surely disappointing to him so I look forward to his next public comments with bated breath.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

I wondered if someone might post something like this.  Honestly, Jury is still out for myself, but he is making a heck of a case through two games.  I think it will be telling when the going gets tough this Wednesday and we'll see how many minutes he gets.

Agreed. He’s gonna get his ass kicked at points this year but through two games he’s demonstrated the ability to do the little things along with his basketball IQ. Things Jordy never did and something he didn’t have. Definitely a bright future for the young man

2 hours ago, 49r said:

:ph34r:  @Norm Peterson  :ph34r:

So far as the coaches from Clemson and Seton Hall know, Isaiah is just a guy who gets some points in transition from time to time but is 0-1 from three point range, not someone you need to worry about jacking up treys.

What I know?  Isaiah might be officially 0-1 from 3-point range on the season, but he's about 50-80 at halftime in two games.  ?

My guess is he's been told not to hoist three pointers until we're facing a team that can actually beat us.

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

So far as the coaches from Clemson and Seton Hall know, Isaiah is just a guy who gets some points in transition from time to time but is 0-1 from three point range, not someone you need to worry about jacking up treys.

What I know?  Isaiah might be officially 0-1 from 3-point range on the season, but he's about 50-80 at halftime in two games.  ?

My guess is he's been told not to hoist three pointers until we're facing a team that can actually beat us.

Yeah I was watching Roby shoot 3’s at halftime today.  He didn’t miss very many.  I was hoping Allen would dish it to Roby in the 2nd half in the same spot where I saw Roby hit about 6 or 7 in a row.  Allen kept it and missed.

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well they know *now* Norm...sheesh way to go spilling the beans!

?

55 minutes ago, 49r said:

Ken Pomeroy still has the results of 13 games to put into his computer tonight but for now, Nebraska has leapfrogged past Penn State and Maryland into 33rd, just one spot behind Ohio State.  We rising...

And, Ken Pom's computer algorithms'have hated Miles & Co. in the past. So much that Tim chides ol' Kenny most years. haha

Edited by AuroranHusker