USC Upstate vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I ‘ll be in Church......don’t suppose the Pastor would care if I played it on phone while he’s preaching. :)

Hope the ladies have some fun and the Husker’s work on their game. 

Need some serious reporting by you interested bystanders.

GBR !!!!

Sloppy game against a very scrappy opponent.  I wish we did more high low post passing.  We ran many sets with our 4 and 5 in the median post area and had a difficult time entering to the post.  When the ball went to the high post we were able, on occasion, to get the ball low.  

Perimeter shooting was very good.  The girls need to pick ups their defensive intensity.  Friday night in Pullman will be interesting. 

19 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Sloppy game against a very scrappy opponent.  I wish we did more high low post passing.  We ran many sets with our 4 and 5 in the median post area and had a difficult time entering to the post.  When the ball went to the high post we were able, on occasion, to get the ball low.  

Perimeter shooting was very good.  The girls need to pick ups their defensive intensity.  Friday night in Pullman will be interesting. 

Fully realize it's very, very early....but defense was an issue last year and it apparently needs to get further attention.

We're not very physical like it takes to make your presence known. Both Drake and USC Upstate used body blocking well.

More than likely they're processing so much other information...the basics of defense is not yet in the forefront. 

I was only able to see the last quarter, but the inside passing looked better. Passes weren't so much a "lob" pass as now were thrown with  a bit more speed on it, and the attempt was to hit Kate when she's moving. It's risky passing to a stationary player. 

Edited by redsteve

Yeah, I don't think Coach Amy was too pleased especially with the first half.  Intensity seemed to be better in the second.  The opposing team seems to be getting too many second, third & fourth chances for  put-backs.  We  definitely have the tools and talent to work with but it will take a little more time to get it all together.  The upcoming Washington State game should tell us a lot.