Southeastern Louisiana (1-1) vs. Nebraska (1-0) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

I

remember back in my cbb-obsessed weeks of conference tourneys this last March, watching a few smaller tournaments. And watching the lions play deep in their Southland tourney. It was fun to watch, and that lions team was feisty. Idk anything about them this year, outside their KP ranking of 273, but I expect great basketball this afternoon. Looking forward to game #2. ? GBR

#35 Nebrasketball, that is. ?

2 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

I

remember back in my cbb-obsessed weeks of conference tourneys this last March, watching a few smaller tournaments. And watching the lions play deep in their Southland tourney. It was fun to watch, and that lions team was feisty. Idk anything about them this year, outside their KP ranking of 273, but I expect great basketball this afternoon. Looking forward to game #2. ? GBR

#35 Nebrasketball, that is. ?

They lost to LSU and Beat William Carey an NAIA team.

Edited by Bugeaters1

So early and we haven't played anyone real, but to my scarlet and cream eyes I see a team with great fundamentals, and now it seems a team that is getting things earlier in the clock, (still patient if we need to be), a far cry from traditional husker teams. You know, the tried and-not-true "swing it around the perimeter for 29 seconds, then take a long contested step back 2"

Two meh points with announcers so far...

1. In reference to Copeland- "Copeland with the mid-range jumper.  If he can add that to his arsenal, he will be tough."  -- He had this last year.

2.  In reference to SEL Coach- "Great job scheduling teams like LSU and Nebraska."  -- They didn't really schedule us more so than the KC Tournament put them up against us.

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Huskers on an 19-0 run

And it all started with those back to back forced turnovers. hit some FTs and it went from there. I think holding leads might be a skill this year. In conf I see a lot of close gritty ones though.

Edited by HolyBobpilgrimage