2019 NCAA Bracketology

AuroranHusker

1 minute ago, jayschool said:

Big Ten has 10 teams in, including Minnesota. Northwestern is the first team out. That's amazing. Only Illinois, Penn State and Rutgers getting no mention. Leads me to believe that 9-11 or even 8-12 might get a team in. Not that Nebraska's in that cohort, of course.

I hadn't really dug into it that deep yet. I was just looking for Nebraska & Creighton. But if 10 teams get in, that shows just how strong the conference is this year.

1 hour ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I would take a #4 seed in a different region (i.e. Midwest) and actually think our ceiling might be a tad higher.  

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi has gotten much smarter in the past year ?

1991's team tells me that whatever seed we get, we're not safe.

4 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I would take a #4 seed in a different region (i.e. Midwest) and actually think our ceiling might be a tad higher.  

He has Creighton in so not really.

4 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Des Moines, KC, then on to Minny! ?

I know this is extreme, but hey when has Nebraska ever been listed as a #1 seed on any men's tournament bracket?  I mean come on... as of this guys December 21st bracket we are a 1 seed and Kansas and Michigan are 2 seeds!  Not to mention the team undefeated Michigan curb stomped about a week ago North Carolina is a 1 seed in the same bracket no less

According to this site we are a 1 seed!

Just thinking about what NU has done over the past calendar year (basically a regular season's worth of games) and how impressive it's been.

Decided to see how it would've stacked up to what other teams did during the 2017-18 regular season. Trying to see what company we're in over our last calendar year.

Understanding this doesn't take strength of schedule into account, but just looking at a shallow level how our play compares to other Power-5 teams that had a similar record in the 2017-18 season to what we've done in the past calendar year.

NEBRASKA (last calendar year)

25-8

17 P-5 wins

19 wins by 9+

OHIO STATE (5 seed in 2018 NCAA Tournament)

24-8

17 P-5 wins

18 wins by 9+

TENNESSEE (3 seed)

25-8

20 P-5 wins

13 wins by 9+

ARIZONA (4 seed)

27-7

19 P-5 wins

18 wins by 9+

MICHIGAN (3 seed)

27-7

19 P-5 wins

20 wins by 9+

CLEMSON (5 seed)

23-9

15 P-5 wins

13 wins by 9+

TEXAS TECH (3 seed)

24-9

16 P-5 wins

17 wins by 9+

MIAMI (6 seed)

22-9

12 P-5 wins

12 wins by 9+

SETON HALL (8 seed)

21-11

14 P-5 wins

14 wins by 9+

UCLA (11 seed)

21-11

15 P-5 wins

11 wins by 9+

KANSAS ST (9 seed)

22-11

14 P-5 wins

12 wins by 9+

7 minutes ago, throwback said:

Just thinking about what NU has done over the past calendar year (basically a regular season's worth of games) and how impressive it's been.

Sure, but the Big Ten was down this year.

And given that many of the P5s are playing much worse than the Big Ten did last season, I'm sure they'll conveniently forget that and still give the SEC 7+ teams.

1 minute ago, rwmctrofholz said:

Glad we're getting the Maryland and Iowa road games early in January while their students are still at home on Christmas vacation getting their clothes washed by the their moms.

I was thinking about this.  Be interested to see B1G road records in first two games of conference play after January for the last 5 years.

At any rate that’ll be two Quad 1 games with students away.  Great opportunity for us!

On 12/26/2018 at 5:20 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska's gauntlet out of the B1G January gate will show the 'real' NU to some. I guess we'll know for sure come mid-March... ?

Honestly... I'm still very hopeful.  Even a 3-3 start in this conference is extremely solid with 4 of 6 road games plus msu at home.

I really like getting Maryland and Iowa without the students there.  Gotta take advantage.