2019 NCAA Bracketology

AuroranHusker

At the other end of the spectrum is Ross Jernstrom of WOWT:  last night he declared the 4 of 26 three-point stat at least three times—shaking his head and showing greater incredulity and alarm on each repeat.  I was almost ready to cash in the entire season based on his view—but it was the night after Halloween, after all; so that may explain his sense of dread and horror.

And the Sports Illustrated College Basketball issue came out today. Of the 64 reasons to be excited about the season, Nebraska's first NCAA tournament victory was listed #36. And the cover has a photo of Steve Pierce with "Boston's Best :The Red Sox season for the ages" superimposed. Life is good. 

17 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

And the Sports Illustrated College Basketball issue came out today. Of the 64 reasons to be excited about the season, Nebraska's first NCAA tournament victory was listed #36. And the cover has a photo of Steve Pierce with "Boston's Best :The Red Sox season for the ages" superimposed. Life is good. 

GBR !!!

And this is a report from October 23, 2018:

Morrow has been seen limping around campus a bit over the last week which makes me worry a bit about his health as he had foot problems at Nebraska and foot problems and big men do not go together very well in case you haven’t heard.

12 hours ago, Swan88 said:

And this is a report from October 23, 2018:

Morrow has been seen limping around campus a bit over the last week which makes me worry a bit about his health as he had foot problems at Nebraska and foot problems and big men do not go together very well in case you haven’t heard.

Bill Walton could opine on this 

Ok.. Ok... It's only November.  However the season starts tomorrow and I cannot hide my excitement any longer.  So I will start this thread now.   I am only going to go with ones that have been updated relatively recently.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/2019-start-offseason-bracketology    Huskers are a 6 seed here.  Little blurb says.... "Related to these teams, welcome to the tournament NebraskaBoston College, and UCF! The Cornhuskers were good enough last year to make the tourney; unfortunately, the unbalanced Big Ten schedule did them no favors, and they didn't pick up enough meaningful wins to get there. I think Tim Miles gets his second NCAA bid in Lincoln (lost to Baylor in the Round of 64 in 2014), which would also only be the second bid for the Huskers since 1998."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/   Palm has us as an 8 seed playing in Tulsa.

http://bracketodds.cs.illinois.edu/TT.html   Hello to 6 seed in this one as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I would take a #4 seed in a different region (i.e. Midwest) and actually think our ceiling might be a tad higher.  

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Lunardi has gotten much smarter in the past year ?

Joe had us as an 8 seed to start the and now a 4 seed. While Creighton didn't start out in the projections and they have been anywhere from an 8 to 11 seed.

15 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Joe had us as an 8 seed to start the and now a 4 seed. While Creighton didn't start out in the projections and they have been anywhere from an 8 to 11 seed.

Big Ten has 10 teams in, including Minnesota. Northwestern is the first team out. That's amazing. Only Illinois, Penn State and Rutgers getting no mention. Leads me to believe that 9-11 or even 8-12 might get a team in. Not that Nebraska's in that cohort, of course.

Edited by jayschool