What would our record be?

Norm Peterson

What would our record be now?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If weather had permitted us to play the Akron game as scheduled, what would our record be right now?

• 6 wins or more
    • 5-4
    • 4-5
    • 3-6
    • Same 2-7 we are now

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Here's a somewhat sobering stat:  How many catches does the third-most prolific WR on the team have?

Hint: JD Spielman has 59 catches; Stanley Morgan has 51.

If you guessed (or knew) Mike Williams is in 3rd place with 10 catches, you'd be right.

Yup, Coach Frost has lamented that nobody else has stepped up.  I am surprised that our tight ends aren't more active.  Other than that, I guess it is a matter of spreading the wealth.

Good news for Stanley is that he only needs to average 92 yards/game receiving in our last 3 games to become the 1st (or possibly 2nd depending on JD Spielman) Husker receiver to reach the 1,000 yard plateau for receiving yards in a single season.  And, over the last five games, he's been averaging … 92 yards/game.

So, if he keeps that up, he'll break 1,000 yards on the year.

Good luck Stanley!

25 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Good news for Stanley is that he only needs to average 92 yards/game receiving in our last 3 games to become the 1st (or possibly 2nd depending on JD Spielman) Husker receiver to reach the 1,000 yard plateau for receiving yards in a single season.  And, over the last five games, he's been averaging … 92 yards/game.

So, if he keeps that up, he'll break 1,000 yards on the year.

Good luck Stanley!

Two pretty stout defenses coming up after Illinois though.

On 11/9/2018 at 5:25 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Wind and cold...that makes it all the more difficult.  If he gets the record, he will certainly earn it.

Well, he put up 131 receiving yards yesterday, so now he only needs to average 72 yards receiving the last 2 games to hit the 1,000 yard mark.

I think he gets there.  Sure, Michigan State and Iowa both have stout defenses but no more so than Ohio State and Wisconsin, where Stanley had 87 and 93 yards respectively.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, he put up 131 receiving yards yesterday, so now he only needs to average 72 yards receiving the last 2 games to hit the 1,000 yard mark.

I think he gets there.  Sure, Michigan State and Iowa both have stout defenses but no more so than Ohio State and Wisconsin, where Stanley had 87 and 93 yards respectively.

Stanley's touchdown catch that he ran under was a phenomenal catch.  The ball looked overthrown and he shifted to another gear to close on the ball.  The dude is truly a pleasure to watch.   

I did not understand our defensive game plan yesterday.  Bush could not throw the ball down the field.  The one or two good passes he had, the receivers dropped the ball.  Why did not we not press the WR's and put 8 in the box with a spy on Bush?  I am not big on counting on forcing turnovers or stopping teams inside your 40 yard line.  I know this offense is going to score, but if we could get a defense to give up an avg. of 20 PPG this team is back to being a great team that challenges for big 10 and national championships.  

On a side note, Illinois actually made our ST's look amazing.  They couldn't catch a punt or kickoff.  They had a punt blocked that resulted in a safety.  We need to not make mistakes on ST's and capitalize if the opponent makes mistakes.