Obscure Husker Trivia Question

Norm Peterson

The 10th anniversary of uneblinstu's post-game chatter got me thinking about how long I've been participating in message boards related to Husker hoops.

Before I joined this board and the Rival's board, I used to just comment on World Herald articles. The comment section was pretty accessible back then and not very aggressively moderated.  That's when I learned what an internet troll was (a/k/a Creighton Fan.)  This was back during the Collier era and Nebraska would win a game and Creighton fan would be on with some snarky comment about how bad our opponent was; Nebraska would lose and Creighton fan would be on with some snarky comment about how bad we were.  Made me really despise Creighton fans for awhile.

Anyway, it happened one summer.  Around June I want to say.  Someone got ahold of me to tell me we were maybe getting a visit from a 5-star forward from Florida.  Lefty.  That prompted me to finally join a message board so I could participate in the discussion about this kid.

He came for a visit; I think he signed elsewhere but never played in college; declared himself for the NBA draft, but went undrafted.  Who was it?

Just now, jimmykc said:

I believe he ended up stealing something from some big box store at Oklahoma State but I didn't think it was worth looking up so it may have been something I remember from a malaria-induced fever dream.

Nope you got it right, he got sticky fingers in Walmart there.

Does anyone remember when Jahlil Okafor visited? I think a young ed morrow may have been on that trip too (as well as Kendrick nunn?). That trip was a big deal.  He was very highly touted out of high school and college, and his whole aau tram came through. It is sad to see how jahlil's NBA career has turned out. 

33 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

Does anyone remember when Jahlil Okafor visited? I think a young ed morrow may have been on that trip too (as well as Kendrick nunn?). That trip was a big deal.  He was very highly touted out of high school and college, and his whole aau tram came through. It is sad to see how jahlil's NBA career has turned out. 

That was when Chin Coleman was still on the staff.

1 hour ago, BmoreRed said:

Yup, I believe most of his AAU team joined (and enjoyed) the visit.  

1 hour ago, BmoreRed said:

Jahlil Okafor is actually playing now. Not particularly well, but he's seeing significant minutes nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

This should be on a plaque somewhere in the Hendricks center:

"To be honest, Nebraska had the best facilities I've been to," Okafor said. "I've been to Duke, I've been to North Carolina, and I've been to Arizona and Ohio State, and Nebraska definitely had the best facilities."

10 hours ago, jimmykc said:

I believe he ended up stealing something from some big box store at Oklahoma State but I didn't think it was worth looking up so it may have been something I remember from a malaria-induced fever dream.

Got me thinking about his coach at Oklahoma State...

5AE19932-5FD9-4601-AE2C-B772D62DCE7D.jpeg

Edited by skerbball