Exhibition: Nebraska vs Wayne State - Nov. 1

AuroranHusker

6 minutes ago, khoock said:

Some of the lineups seemed like we were drawing names out of a hat ??

Trueblood, Copeland, Hieman, and Borchardt were all on the court at the same time for a stretch.

I think Miles was just trying to get everyone some time.  You'll see a lot more sured line-up Tuesday is my guess.

I will add a bit to my previous game speculation :)

- Good for Thor who may have had the play of the game with his behind the back lay up.  

- Nice to see James get his bad game out of the way.

- Must have had tired legs...we were really clanging our three pointers...uggggglllly.

- But the legs must have been okay for our free throw shooting.

Fun to see us on the court again.  

Just now, hhcmatt said:

He said before the game he was going to play everyone early and often

Doesn't surprise me.  Unlike previous years, we pretty much know what we got.  We have our starting five sured up.  In addition, I think we pretty much know our next 3-4.  There isn't much experimenting that needs done this year.

I didn’t get to watch the game but based on the stat line the good news is Roby should be ready to go.

The bad news is we are now like 7-50 from 3PT land between this game and the scrimmage. Surely it won’t be that bad during the season but if we can’t find at the very least an adequate outside game I don’t think we can win as many games as we are hoping for this year. 

47 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Hands stayed up the entire time. As Brady improves through out the season his minutes will increase.

I admit Brady looked better than I originally projected he would in the exhibition. I agree he will get better as the season goes on, but the caveat I see to your point is that as the season does go on we will be playing the Michigan and Ohio State's of the world and not the Wayne State's. He had a tremendous hight advantage last night which offset the issue with his playing weight at this time. As he gets better he will also be facing far superior opponents in both size and athleticism which will probably offset some of his gains. My final word on the subject is, we will simply have to wait and see how things play out.

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

Frustrating to me because it seemed like Nana somehow got in Tim's doghouse early and didn't play enough. I thought he looked fine out there and it's probably getting frustrating for him.

I was wondering if it was because he was not aggressive enough. He was the first off the bench first half but did not really look for his shot. Second half he was 5th I believe to come in but was hunting shots and looked much better IMO