If you could bring back one player from the Miles era for this season...

TheKamdyMan

I posted this elsewhere and like the discussion. 

with the season upon us and lots of optimism for the tournament I figured why not have a hypothetical. With the recent opening of a scholarship, if you could bring back any one player, from the Miles Era, for their “senior year” to fill the spot who would you bring back?

I would go with Brandon Ubel. With the lack of depth in the post he would be an excellent center to allow Copeland and Roby to move out of the middle. As an early enrollee he didn’t really hit his stride until his senior year and he’s doing well overseas. 

My second choice would be Evan Taylor. A guy that can start or come off the bench and be a jack of all trades kind of guy.
Edited by TheKamdyMan

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Derrick Chandler. No question my top choice. DC was an impressive post defender and rebounder.

Then I'd be happy to have an Anton Gill on this year's roster. He'd be a great fit in a 6th man role once again.

25 minutes ago, mrjam said:

The rifleman,  for that consistent 3 pt shooting, or maric for his post play

Onviously reading comprehension wasn’t the strong suit for this thread. ?

Auroran was half right though. Miles era only. 

Edited by TheKamdyMan

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Derrick Chandler. No question my top choice. DC was an impressive post defender and rebounder.

Then I'd be happy to have an Anton Gill on this year's roster. He'd be a great fit in a 6th man role once again.

DC is always the first guy I think of for threads like these, even though he wasn't one of Miles' guys.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

It's a tough choice between Tai Webster and Andrew White III. Don't get me wrong though. I'd only take AWIII so I could sit him on the bench the entire season and just have him watch the rest of the team make a run in March Madness.

Either of these two would be my choice as well. Probably AW3 

I posted this elsewhere and like the discussion. 

with the season upon us and lots of optimism for the tournament I figured why not have a hypothetical. With the recent opening of a scholarship, if you could bring back any one player, from the Miles Era, for their “senior year” to fill the spot who would you bring back?   I would go with Brandon Ubel. With the lack of depth in the post he would be an excellent center to allow Copeland and Roby to move out of the middle. As an early enrollee he didn’t really hit his stride until his senior year and he’s doing well overseas.    My second choice would be Evan Taylor. A guy that can start or come off the bench and be a jack of all trades kind of guy.

Dave Hoppen (along with a couple of proven, 6-8 minute type role players off the bench - including a dead 3 specialst) would make this an elite 8 team.

8 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Now that I'm no longer under a Halloween hex, I'll amend my first answer to B. Ubel as a senior. He was very effective for Miles' 1st year in the B1G.