Miles & Staff

TourneyBound

Wasn't sure where to put this, but how about the job Miles and his staff are doing recruiting!!!  I mean for a guy whom is supposedly on the hot seat he has really done an incredible job this last 4-5 months recruiting for 2019 and beyond..  I hope Moos awards him and gives him the extension he deserves!!  No doubt his recruiting seems to continue to improve and he has established a niche with transfers coming here and being successful that can continue to help us down the road.  I really like what his staff is doing also and just hope we can keep them on board, but sooner or later I believe Lewis is going to get a head coaching job.  I'm hopeful we can all have the season that Miles and all the Nebrasketball fans deserve this year and Miles can get his extension and shut up all the doubters..  #GBR

42 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but how about the job Miles and his staff are doing recruiting!!!  I mean for a guy whom is supposedly on the hot seat he has really done an incredible job this last 4-5 months recruiting for 2019 and beyond..  I hope Moos awards him and gives him the extension he deserves!!  No doubt his recruiting seems to continue to improve and he has established a niche with transfers coming here and being successful that can continue to help us down the road.  I really like what his staff is doing also and just hope we can keep them on board, but sooner or later I believe Lewis is going to get a head coaching job.  I'm hopeful we can all have the season that Miles and all the Nebrasketball fans deserve this year and Miles can get his extension and shut up all the doubters..  #GBR

Appreciate the support, but Miles isn't "supposedly" on the hot seat.   He is absolutely unequivocally sitting right on it.  Moos has made that absolutely clear, including some unfortunate recent comments shortly before the fall signing period.  Folks can debate whether he should be on it, but he's on it.    And if the team succeeds sufficiently to take him off of it, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a big extended middle finger right back.  Wouldn't blame him at all.   

What other Power Six school would see Tim Miles as an upgrade from their current coach*? I don't think there is a single Big Ten team that would trade their coach straight up for Miles. So I don't think he leaves Nebraska unless he is fired. He has said multiple times (including within the past 7 months) that he loves Nebraska and wants to be here.

*Comparing current resumes. (Miles is 4-13 in road and neutral site games in the month of March as Nebraska's head coach; 3-13 at Colorado State.)

Edited by dustystehl

5 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

What other Power Six school would see Tim Miles as an upgrade from their current coach*? I don't think there is a single Big Ten team that would trade their coach straight up for Miles. So I don't think he leaves Nebraska unless he is fired. He has said multiple times (including within the past 7 months) that he loves Nebraska and wants to be here.

*Looking at current resumes. (Miles is 4-13 in road and neutral site games in the month of March as Nebraska's head coach; 3-13 at Colorado State.)

Lots of Minnesota fans love Tim Miles.  I think they'd legit trade Richie P for Tim.

I think Washington State would see Miles as a pretty massive improvement over Ernie Kent.

So there's a couple right there.

6 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

*Comparing current resumes. (Miles is 4-13 in road and neutral site games in the month of March as Nebraska's head coach; 3-13 at Colorado State.)

There's a bigger world out there than the Big Ten, and one of the Top 100 schools out there would be glad to have him.

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Is that because you think he’ll get fired?

Not necessarily.   If we choke and don’t dance, the yes, he’ll be fired.   But if we make the dance, he’ll get his extension.   

I dont see him leaving.   He makes a lot of money here.   It’s close to home.   A successful year here shows he’s building something.    Don’t think he’s going to bail on that unless there is a very impressive offer.    And think it’s going to take more than one good year to get those types of offers to come calling 

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Lots of Minnesota fans love Tim Miles.  I think they'd legit trade Richie P for Tim.

I think Washington State would see Miles as a pretty massive improvement over Ernie Kent.

So there's a couple right there.

If Kansas St came open, he would get a strong look there. Gene knows how good of a coach Tim is and would provide the support a coach deserves

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

Not necessarily.   If we choke and don’t dance, the yes, he’ll be fired.   But if we make the dance, he’ll get his extension.   

I dont see him leaving.   He makes a lot of money here.   It’s close to home.   A successful year here shows he’s building something.    Don’t think he’s going to bail on that unless there is a very impressive offer.    And think it’s going to take more than one good year to get those types of offers to come calling 

At first I was getting a little concerned about this especially because Moos has not exactly been the most supportive especially after Eichorst who was looking to fire him ASAP. But I do think his family could be a pretty good reason to stay they've done a lot of moving before getting here and probably wouldn't mind staying after being here for 8 years.