2020 C John Hugley -> Pitt-> Oklahoma

Serious point:  Fat guys who are quick usually have really soft hands, which this guy appears to have.  Be nice to see him grow another inch or two.  He has more refined skill as a sophomore in HS (which is what he is in the video) than Jordy did as a sophomore in college.  (That's Jordy's fault, btw.)

I was concerned about the 6’8” part but he’s a big enough guy to be a center. At this point our scholarship situation would say it’s him or Ben not him and Ben and I would doubt we get either at this point so it’s not likely a problem. From his video though this guy clearly likes his right hand more than his left.

13 minutes ago, khoock said:

Disagree. I think they are definitely going for both and you kind of need both tbh.

People are going to leave regardless. Whether its the obvious ones, suprising departures, or even kids decommitting. 

I mean if they both wanted to commit today I’d take them. But that’s going to be incredibly unlikely and even less likely once one of them commits. Plus if you’re going for or get a center in 2019 which seems fairly likely because we really need one that’s another scholarship our third big man in two years and you’d have to assume wings/guards are leaving to open those spots unless Brady leaves. On top of that we’ve never oversigned a class even by one player in the Miles era and if Roby leaves you could see 2 more players sign in 2019 putting us 4 spots over.

Edited by cjbowbros

2 hours ago, cjbowbros said:

I mean if they both wanted to commit today I’d take them.

As would Tim Miles and Co. Do i think we land both? Probably not. But, from the coaches perspective, I dont think they are thinking either/or. I think they take both if the opportunity presented itself.

As to over signing, I am not too worried. These 2020 kids wont be able to sign for another 12+ months. We will have room by then.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, khoock said:

As would Tim Miles and Co. Do i think we land both? Probably not. But, from the coaches perspective, I dont think they are thinking either/or. I think they take both if the opportunity presented itself.

As to over signing, I am not too worried. These 2020 kids wont be able to sign for another 12+ months. We will have room by then.

If we saw fit to offer both, we'd be stupid not to accept both.   We need two posts.   Then again, roster management and post recruiting have been miserable failures for years now

Edited by nustudent

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

If we saw fit to offer both, we'd be stupid not to accept both.   We need two posts.   Then again, roster management and post recruiting have been miserable failures for years now

A little early in the year to be turning lemons into mashed in gravel lemons, no?

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

A little early in the year to be turning lemons into mashed in gravel lemons, no?

Calling it like it is.   We've done an amazing job getting an early start for 2019 and 2020.   Doesn't change our past issues though.   And am worried that some of those past issues haunt us this year and the future.

Edited by nustudent

• 1 month later...