Secret Scrimmage vs Iowa St

hhcmatt

Via UNL

Ames, Iowa – Sunday’s closed scrimmage was a tale of two games, as the Huskers and Iowa State split a pair of 20-minute games at Hilton Coliseum.  The Cyclones won the opening 20-minute scrimmage, 45-31, with the Huskers prevailing 43-33, in the nightcap.

In the first portion of the scrimmage, Iowa State’s Marial Shayok keyed the Cyclones with 12 points, including a pair of 3-pointers. In all, ISU shot 50 percent, including 8-of-14 from 3-point range.  James Palmer Jr. and Isaac Copeland combined for 19 of NU’s 31 points, as the Huskers shot just 43 percent, including 3-of-11 from 3-point range, and were out-rebounded 21-11 in the opening 20 minutes.

Nebraska regrouped in the second portion of the scrimmage, shooting 49 percent from the field while holding the Cyclones to 37 percent shooting. Glynn Watson Jr. paced NU in the second portion of the scrimmage with nine points and four assists, while Copeland and Tanner Borchardt combined for 19 points on 8-of-9 shooting. Copeland had nine points while Borchardt hit all four of his shots in the second half, as the Huskers got off to an 8-2 lead and never trailed.  NU had 12 assists on its 17 baskets in the second 20-minutes with Palmer, who also had seven rebounds, and Watson dishing out four assists apiece.

Did Tanner score 8 or 10 points in the second half?

Glynn Watson Jr. paced NU in the second portion of the scrimmage with nine points and four assists, while Copeland and Tanner Borchardt combined for 19 points on 8-of-9 shooting. Copeland had nine points while Borchardt hit all four of his shots in the second half, as the Huskers got off to an 8-2 lead and never trailed. 

I think it's 8.

Sounds like it was the tale of two halves.  Three point shooting really won both teams their halves.

Copeland sounded aggressive, Palmer sounded smooth as always.  Roby played, but was limited due to foul trouble from what I read.  Glynn had a rougher day shooting, but added in a lot of positives via the assist and rebounding route.  Allen was the 5th starter.

Sounds like Tanner played well off the bench in the 2nd.  Nana and Amir did a few things, but not much.

Overall about what I expected and not worried at all.  This gave our guys a good look at a different team.  Iowa State isn't terrible by any means.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/mbb-pre-season-scrimmages.242089/

Well... I can see that the cyclones are not happy about the... erm.... wording of the tweets.  They sound about as ready for the season as all of us.

"What the F? It was 1 game, so why did Huskrs.com split it into 2 games, and say they split them? In the tweet it said ISU won the game 78-74.  

Talk about spinning it. So instead of going 0-1 on the trip, according to Huskrs.com they were 1-1. Ummmm no.... it doesn't work that way guys. ISU probably held a pretty comfortable lead early in the 2nd half and sat guys."

50 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Well... I can see that the cyclones are not happy about the... erm.... wording of the tweets.  They sound about as ready for the season as all of us.

"What the F? It was 1 game, so why did Huskrs.com split it into 2 games, and say they split them? In the tweet it said ISU won the game 78-74.  

Talk about spinning it. So instead of going 0-1 on the trip, according to Huskrs.com they were 1-1. Ummmm no.... it doesn't work that way guys. ISU probably held a pretty comfortable lead early in the 2nd half and sat guys."

F616DC67-B53B-4DAE-96F9-62895FD8AC10.jpeg

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska football gets a B1G win.... Nebrasketball plays a scrimmage the next day. All is well. GBR

Now if we can get that dang Volleyball team on the right track.  Sheesh.  Lost like 3-4 dang games in a row now.  Hearing rumblings that John Cook needs to be out and I don't blame em.  We've gotta have National Championships.  Every Year.  We cannot lose like we have been.  I'll give them two losses per year MAX!  Not two of the last two!

END... SARCASM....

11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Well now, let's see...ISU fans are calling it "a game" in which they won.  This, "game," played in two "halves," where the score was reset at "halftime."  So, who's doing the spinning here?

Edited by hal9000

It was an opportunity to practice against someone other than your teammates.  I love the concept.  A couple of observations:

~ It is supposedly called a secret practice yet details are mysteriously leaked out.  How about simply calling it an exhibition event and open it to the public.  Charge $5 a head and find a mutual agreed upon charity to donate the money.  

~ It was a practice, a scrimmage, whatever.  But there was a small piece of me that was "disappointed" that Isaiah was supposedly in foul trouble.  

~ It was a practice, a scrimmage, it means nothing.  But Thor and Dedoch apparently didn't play.  It seems our rotation may be close to being set already?  Perhaps not, but again, it is a simple observation.

See Dimes graph as it is a home run.

Speaking of home run, the Dodgers in six games.  

Edited by Huskerpapa