Coaches allowed to use 'Shot Tracker' Real-time @ upcoming HOF Classic

Red Don

Not to change the subject, but a few years ago, we had a manager in the upper level and he connected by headset with one of our assistant coaches on the bench.  I don't recall seeing that before or since that "experiment."  

Reaching back to the subject at hand, what can, and can't a coach have access to during the game?

7 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not to change the subject, but a few years ago, we had a manager in the upper level and he connected by headset with one of our assistant coaches on the bench.  I don't recall seeing that before or since that "experiment."  

Reaching back to the subject at hand, what can, and can't a coach have access to during the game?

Somebody was fooling around with you then because technology (other than phones for social media posts) is not allowed on the bench during game play. This will be a first. The team doesn’t have managers higher than the camera deck at the top of the lower bowl, and I don’t think they even have them in that spot for games anymore. 

9 hours ago, CrazyforNUHOOPS said:

Somebody was fooling around with you then because technology (other than phones for social media posts) is not allowed on the bench during game play. This will be a first. The team doesn’t have managers higher than the camera deck at the top of the lower bowl, and I don’t think they even have them in that spot for games anymore. 

It was at the BOB and I believe it was under Nee or perhaps Collier.  I will search and see if I find an article or something,  But it did happen.

5 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

It was at the BOB and I believe it was under Nee or perhaps Collier.  I will search and see if I find an article or something,  But it did happen.

It was Nee.   Brought it with him from Notre Dame days.   It was originally a Digger idea.  Danny told the story of its origin one night at Barry's and it was hilarious.  Wish I could remember more details.   Danny's Digger stories were great.   My memory is that Jeff Smith got the "eye in the sky" role at Nebraska.