SEASON STARTS about a month away.

redsteve

ARE YOU READY ??

The new season is finally...almost...here.  Been watching the Husker ladies twitter posts. They sure seem to be jelling as a team. They look strong through out the roster.

I know it's only practice, but they look to be working real hard, and seem to enjoy each other....nice group of kids. That counts for a lot.

I'm getting the positive vibes from this group. Got to love Coach Amy's team chemistry style.

GBR !

Edited by redsteve

• 2 weeks later...

Looked like some nice new pieces. Better rebounding appears on the horizon with all the new players. Brown appears to have a nose for the ball. Mershon and the other big, her name escapes me, can hit the outside jumper as well as rebound. Freshman guard Haiby is quick, needs to build some confidence and the transfer Hudson will fit in well I believe as a shooter/ball handler. 

There will be some growing pains but overall the depth has improved dramatically. 

On 10/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, redsteve said:

ARE YOU READY ??

I've been ready for a long time.  Hated to miss last nights scrimmage but was celebrating my birthday up north.  It's interesting that Amy had the ASU scrimmage set up before we played them in the tournament.  Should be a real good check on how much we have improved since the last time we played them.  I see where Creighton beat UNK pretty handy in an exhibition game.  We should be able to get our freshmen a lot of playing time when we play them a week from Saturday in our only exhibition game.

9 hours ago, Merlin said:

Looked like some nice new pieces. Better rebounding appears on the horizon with all the new players. Brown appears to have a nose for the ball. Mershon and the other big, her name escapes me, can hit the outside jumper as well as rebound. Freshman guard Haiby is quick, needs to build some confidence and the transfer Hudson will fit in well I believe as a shooter/ball handler. 

There will be some growing pains but overall the depth has improved dramatically. 

Verbeek is the one who's name you can't remember. She looks like she is a wide body, which should take up some room in the lane.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:34 AM, Merlin said:

Prediction:  The biggest single factor to success this coming season.

Edited by redsteve

29 minutes ago, redsteve said:

The first scrimmage isn't televised I think...…

I can't go to the game....anyone here that's going, and can make a report to us on how it's going....or how it went...which ever ?

The Exhibition Game vs Kearney on 11/3 is video streamed on BTN Plus (as are several other games including Drake, USC Upstate, Kansas, San Jose St, & Denver).

7 hours ago, Red Don said:

The Exhibition Game vs Kearney on 11/3 is video streamed on BTN Plus (as are several other games including Drake, USC Upstate, Kansas, San Jose St, & Denver).

Dah....was thinking about the ASU game. Yea, I subscribe to BTN plus so will see most of the games.

5 hours ago, redsteve said:

Dah....was thinking about the ASU game. Yea, I subscribe to BTN plus so will see most of the games.

Yeah, the only thing I've heard about the 'Secret' Scrimmage is from Coach Amy William's press conference where she talks about the ASU scrimmage.  No Score, No Boxscore; No Scuttlebut, No venue; It was hard to find out even when it was being played!  :(    It was Really 'Secret' this year compared to other years.  

5 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Concerns ?  ......Not now anyway.  If she's having any pain, weakness....etc....????  May just be precautionary.

I think she wore them last year. And could be a thing just to keep the knees warm. ActualFacts may know something about keep knees warm ETC.