Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dean Smith

2020 SG D'Andre Davis - VC

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, busticket said:

 

When he committed he was listed at 6’4”.  In the EYBL article he is listed at 6’6”.  So it appears the answer is yes.

I was hoping he would grow to that 6'6-6'7 range. Having a player like him on the wing will be huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Ten player comp: Roy Devyn Marble

Big, long (6-6 200 lb) guard with an advanced mid-range game. Very good ball handler. Developed into a good 3 point shooter, off the dribble and spot-up. Not super explosive, but certainly athletic enough to get by defenders and finish at the rim with either hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Big Ten player comp: Roy Devyn Marble

Big, long (6-6 200 lb) guard with an advanced mid-range game. Very good ball handler. Developed into a good 3 point shooter, off the dribble and spot-up. Not super explosive, but certainly athletic enough to get by defenders and finish at the rim with either hand. 

 

What about his NU doppelgänger, James Palmer Jr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Norm Peterson said:

 

What about his NU doppelgänger, James Palmer Jr?

Yeah, I get this comparison. They do LOOK alike and have a similar build. I think Davis is a bit more of a fast-twitch muscle guy than JPJ. And his ability to shoot of the dribble makes them a bit different. Recruiting analysts have stated his mid-range game is one of the best on the AAU circuit this summer. Palmer had a very slow wind-up. Davis' release isn't quick right now by any means, but I think it'll tighten up in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Yeah, I get this comparison. They do LOOK alike and have a similar build. I think Davis is a bit more of a fast-twitch muscle guy than JPJ. And his ability to shoot of the dribble makes them a bit different. Recruiting analysts have stated his mid-range game is one of the best on the AAU circuit this summer. Palmer had a very slow wind-up. Davis' release isn't quick right now by any means, but I think it'll tighten up in college.

 

I was struck by your comment, "Not super explosive, but certainly athletic enough to get by defenders and finish at the rim with either hand."  That sounded very JPJ to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kinda funny that Donovan Williams and DeAndre Davis are replacing Haanif Cheatham and Matej Kavas. Not saying that their games or skill sets are similiar but Donovan Williams is a bigger gaurd that you can play on the wing (i.e. Cheatham) and DeAndre Davis is a wing that you could also play at the 4 if youre going small ball (i.e Matej Kavas).

 

We will be replinishing the two position groups we are losing players from; albeit with different skill sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, khoock said:

Its kinda funny that Donovan Williams and DeAndre Davis are replacing Haanif Cheatham and Matej Kavas. Not saying that their games or skill sets are similiar but Donovan Williams is a bigger gaurd that you can play on the wing (i.e. Cheatham) and DeAndre Davis is a wing that you could also play at the 4 if youre going small ball (i.e Matej Kavas).

 

We will be replinishing the two position groups we are losing players from; albeit with different skill sets.

 

That's a valid point. I think Hoiberg & Co. have a great formula for roster alignment. It is interesting that a couple of Miles recruits fit in well into a G/F scenario for 2020 & beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...