2020 SG D'Andre Davis - Decommit

Dean Smith

• 1 month later...

Are you thinking the main motivation here is that he wants to play for a higher profile team?

I believe higher profile teams are definitely going to be in the mix for him yes. He had a huge summer. Wouldn’t doubt Abdelmassih still gives us somewhat of a fighting chance if we’re still in on him, but I’m sure bigger name power 5 schools are about to come calling

1 hour ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I believe higher profile teams are definitely going to be in the mix for him yes. He had a huge summer. Wouldn’t doubt Abdelmassih still gives us somewhat of a fighting chance if we’re still in on him, but I’m sure bigger name power 5 schools are about to come calling

It's possible that Michael Lewis & UCLA might make a run at D.D.

12 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

11 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

I’d call this more than a possibility.

At the end of the day I'd say that Lewis and Miles being gone always made Davis a flight risk and his stock gives him the security that if he wants to play for a Power 5/6 team that it's just a matter of who. Lewis was an Indiana legend, Hoiberg is not. Possible that us shopping for another 2020 player was either because we knew this was coming or might also have been a catalyst for Davis to leave. With all due respect to Tibet, I'd rather have Davis.

In some ways our 2020 class was quintessential Miles: pulling in the best talent and then figuring out how to make it work together as Donovan Williams and Davis are both two talented Power 5/6 players but in some regards seemed like they guys with similar talents and for our team it might have been better to grab someone at a different position.  It's probable that guys would have left under Miles and the 2020 spots would be there.

All of this was null and void after we gutted our roster and started over.