Creighton Cheating Scandal Press Thread

16 minutes ago, 49r said:

But it's okay for Rasmussen to get on his high horse and lecture others on how to act in these situations?

No, I'm sorry, it's not okay for a public figure such as he is whos breadwinning program is mired in *alleged* impropriety to get all sanctimonious about the situation.  What did or did not happen, and whether it is ethical behavior or not is beside the point.  

What is the point, is he needs to STFU and take care of his own house.  Losing control of one's athletic department in the way he has *allegedly* done has revoked the privilege of acting the way he did this afternoon.  He is supposed to be a leader, he surely isn't acting like one here.

And just for the record, if the shoe was on the other foot, and we saw something like that come from Bill Moos I'd feel exactly the same way.

The sooner you come to terms that the universities are the "victims," the sooner the NCAA can brush this under the rug and move on.

19 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Wait what?? Not Bruce Rassmussen??? He's the most honest man in sports!!! Nothing but a straight shooter, basically the patron saint of basketball!! Oh wait that's only according to Tom Shatel. Gotta love seeing grown men act like teenagers on social media. Scumbags gonna scumbag

18 hours ago, 49r said:

But it's okay for Rasmussen to get on his high horse and lecture others on how to act in these situations?

No, I'm sorry, it's not okay for a public figure such as he is whos breadwinning program is mired in *alleged* impropriety to get all sanctimonious about the situation.  What did or did not happen, and whether it is ethical behavior or not is beside the point.  

What is the point, is he needs to STFU and take care of his own house.  Losing control of one's athletic department in the way he has *allegedly* done has revoked the privilege of acting the way he did this afternoon.  He is supposed to be a leader, he surely isn't acting like one here.

And just for the record, if the shoe was on the other foot, and we saw something like that come from Bill Moos I'd feel exactly the same way.

Dirk wrote an article to get attention, without having any concrete evidence the Creighton staff did anything wrong. I'd be pissed too if I was Rasmussen, or Moos if it was our situation. 

1 minute ago, OmahaHusker said:

Dirk wrote an article to get attention, without having any concrete evidence the Creighton staff did anything wrong. I'd be pissed too if I was Rasmussen, or Moos if it was our situation. 

I don't know what "evidence" or "article" you are referring to,  but here is an ESPN article about the situation.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25105562/call-records-link-arizona-sean-miller-creighton-greg-mcdermott-brian-bowen-ii-recruitment

Creighton was also mentioned many times in a court of law... under oath... during an actual court case.

I think it's fair for anyone to be critical of Creighton right now, and Rasmussen should, as 49r stated, take care of his own house right now because there is plenty there to worry about.

I have friends here in Otown that are Creighton fans so I hear both sides. One of the things I keep hearing is the "under oath" thing. The only thing under oath that was said was from Bowen, who testified he received an offer from Dawkins regarding Creighton. That's entirely different than saying a Creighton staff member directly made him an offer. The only real concrete evidence out there would be if Dawkins took the stand (which he refused) and testified against Creighton, or the if wire taps found something. Other than that you have hearsay and phone records? Neither of those would find Creighton guilty of anything. I said before that nothing will come of this because the NCAA wants to look the other way, but even now if that's the only evidence they'd get they wouldn't be able to do anything with that in terms of sanctions. The only guilt is guilt in the public eye, which Rasmussen is obviously pissed about.

1 hour ago, OmahaHusker said:

The only guilt is guilt in the public eye, which Rasmussen is obviously pissed about.

There may not be concrete evidence that is public knowledge at this point, but if you're making contact with people doing illegal things, then you can't blame the public for wondering if there's something there. Even some parents try to teach that to their kids at a very young age.