Creighton Cheating Scandal Press Thread

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:32 AM, kldm64 said:

My brother is a huge Creighton fan and this is what he emailed me this morning:

‘I vehemently deny all accusations against me’  If this works for Brett Kavanaugh it certainly will work for Greg McDermott.  He still has my vote!!

Only if he says I Like Beer.

I currently cannot locate the tweet, but I read this morning (from someone) that the Creighton AD and Head Basketball coach deserve a pass because they claim innocence and their track record is clean.  Hmm, there likely a large number of first time offenders who wish that to be true.  But, and this is a big but, some do deserve/earn/get that free pass.

This is interesting fodder since the season begins in less than a month.

14 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I currently cannot locate the tweet, but I read this morning (from someone) that the Creighton AD and Head Basketball coach deserve a pass because they claim innocence and their track record is clean.  Hmm, there likely a large number of first time offenders who wish that to be true.  But, and this is a big but, some do deserve/earn/get that free pass.

This is interesting fodder since the season begins in less than a month.

Shatel

It's pretty rare when head coaches/ADs get touched by stuff like this. That is what assistants are for.

It really is interesting seeing the tone that the local writers are taking during this whole allegation process. Instead of being investigative, they just spend their time defending the program and brushing aside facts.

Even this article for example: https://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/creighton-president-addresses-allegations-brian-bowen-sr-changes-story-slightly/article_4ea9000d-7fdf-5314-996e-b87c65827d9d.html

It basically reads "Hey, so Creighton was implicated again by Bowen Sr. But don't worry about that. Worry about the way he said it. It's different now, which makes him suspect, ergo Creighton is a clean program. Are we good now?"

Every Creighton fan has the same talking points:

1. This isn't about us, it's about Zona, Louisville, MSU, etc.

2. This guy is lying

3. If we were cheating, we'd get 5 stars every year.

None of those responses deny responsibility, except for 2. And the funniest is number 3 because Jayskers (especially my jaysker friends) are always the one that say Nebraska football can't recruit top talent to Lincoln.

Edited by BmoreRed

16 hours ago, BmoreRed said:

3. If we were cheating, we'd get 5 stars every year.

Paying to recruit 5 star players is a prohibitively high market to enter, especially if you're not a "blue blood".

As we're seeing it's also a dangerous market to enter. 

One would have to be properly motivated to 'figure out a way to take it to the next level', perhaps like seeing their team fail to make it to the Sweet 16 year after year after year

• 3 weeks later...

I am far from being a Bluejay troll but I think this will eventually blow over for all concerned and we shouldn't get too high and mighty about how scrupulously honest we have all been in everything we do. At least anyone crowing about how honest he is should have to show his tax form demonstrating that the money he made from the office pool last year has been properly declared as income.

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

I am far from being a Bluejay troll but I think this will eventually blow over for all concerned and we shouldn't get too high and mighty about how scrupulously honest we have all been in everything we do. At least anyone crowing about how honest he is should have to show his tax form demonstrating that the money he made from the office pool last year has been properly declared as income.

But it's okay for Rasmussen to get on his high horse and lecture others on how to act in these situations?

No, I'm sorry, it's not okay for a public figure such as he is whos breadwinning program is mired in *alleged* impropriety to get all sanctimonious about the situation.  What did or did not happen, and whether it is ethical behavior or not is beside the point.  

What is the point, is he needs to STFU and take care of his own house.  Losing control of one's athletic department in the way he has *allegedly* done has revoked the privilege of acting the way he did this afternoon.  He is supposed to be a leader, he surely isn't acting like one here.

And just for the record, if the shoe was on the other foot, and we saw something like that come from Bill Moos I'd feel exactly the same way.