Akol Arop is N

HuskerFever

28 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

Is this a good get or settling on a recruit...I get mixed signals from this site...

We will never get another good recruit unless we extend Miles to 5 years or more

or 

This recruit that just committed is the best thing since sliced bread.

I get the sense that this is a solid in-state get.  This is something that we have been lacking in previous years.  

Nationally, I would agree that this isn't going to move the needles on any radars except those closest to the program.  

My take is:

- The level of basketball talent in Nebraska is on the rise.  

- Nebraska has not recruited Nebraska very well since Danny left.  Getting back into Nebraska, and Omaha in particular is a good oman.

- Taking Nebraska kids can be a hit and miss proposition.  Mainly due to the lack of depth in talent and the level of competition makes it tough to judge the talent.  With the advent of AAU programs and the overall increase in talent, it becomes "easier" to judge the talent.

- I believe the AD provides a better message to Coach Miles about kids in our state.  That makes sense to me, but it is harder to explain.

4 hours ago, Blindcheck said:

Is this a good get or settling on a recruit...I get mixed signals from this site...

We will never get another good recruit unless we extend Miles to 5 years or more

or 

This kid is a rare athletic talent and he is 6’6. He is getting better each year and best player in your state for that class. Take him in a heartbeat. 

17 hours ago, Blindcheck said:

or 

Opinions are neither certainties nor facts

This is the kind of kid that in previous years, goes to SDSU or Creighton and blows up (Daum, K.Thomas, J. Patton) and Miles gets blasted for not being able to get them. I’d rather Miles take a gamble on an in-State kid than land another Nate Hawkins/Tarin Smith/Bakari type of gamble.  His HUDL looks impressively athletic to me. If he is like another Ade, good lord we got a good one. 

9 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

This is the kind of kid that in previous years, goes to SDSU or Creighton and blows up (Daum, K.Thomas, J. Patton) and Miles gets blasted for not being able to get them. I’d rather Miles take a gamble on an in-State kid than land another Nate Hawkins/Tarin Smith/Bakari type of gamble.  His HUDL looks impressively athletic to me. If he is like another Ade, good lord we got a good one. 

I really like the comparison to Ade Dagunduro for Akol Arop. NU can always use an Ade in the program.

11 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

If.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:40 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Corey Simms may be a closer comparison.  I believe Corey played in the post as a HS player and then transitioned into a guard or wing in college at Nebraska.  Perhaps I will change my mind when I see how he is leveraged during his senior year at Creighton Prep.

I seriously thought Corey Simms could’ve been a TE or OLB for our football team. Guy was like 6’5” and 215ish.  Akol looks like he has a 36+ inch vertical and has much more bounce and spring to his game.  For the record, Id take a Corey Simms too...