B1G News and Views: 2018-19 edition

hhcmatt

34 minutes ago, kleitus said:

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2019/conferencerpi

2nd in conference rpi thus far.  Stay there and we will get a bunch of teams into the dance.

This will be good to track throughout the season, but I want to call out for others that RPI is absolutely worthless right now. The top five teams currrently are Providence, Grand Canyon, UIC, Notre Dame, and South Dakota State. Just didn't want others to get their hopes up based on this RPI conference ranking!

Purdue now in a tight battle with Ball State at half. Purdue up 42-41. In just three minutes of viewing this game, I was reminded that Matt Haarms is easily the most hateable player in the Big 10. Looks like he's improved his game on the offensive end, but goodness...the kid is absolutely obnoxious. I generally like guys who play with heart, but he's out of control. Wild and dangerous fist pumping, trash talking, excruciatingly painful to watch. 

9 minutes ago, Coaches kid said:

Purdue now in a tight battle with Ball State at half. Purdue up 42-41. In just three minutes of viewing this game, I was reminded that Matt Haarms is easily the most hateable player in the Big 10. Looks like he's improved his game on the offensive end, but goodness...the kid is absolutely obnoxious. I generally like guys who play with heart, but he's out of control. Wild and dangerous fist pumping, trash talking, excruciatingly painful to watch. 

Hope he gets the Haas treatment and receives a good ole does of Copeland's lower half in his face and a ball bouncing off of his head after a dunk.

The Big Ten has five games today versus poor opponents, but using Bart Torvik's projected win probabilities, there is a 28% chance one of them loses. Let's hope it's not us!

158 Florida Gulf Coast at 10 Michigan St.

225 Green Bay at 40 Iowa

222 Fort Wayne at 51 Ohio St.

238 Southeastern Louisiana at 31 Nebraska

245 Drexel at 101 Rutgers

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Missing starters?  Pffft.  Ken Pomeroy doesn't care.

While this is true, I was more commenting on previous posters saying Indiana didn’t look very good. 

Losing by a point at Arkansas (who rarely loses at home) with two starters (and two reserves) out? I suspect teams have performed a lot worse than that in the past. 

20 minutes ago, atskooc said:

While this is true, I was more commenting on previous posters saying Indiana didn’t look very good. 

Losing by a point at Arkansas (who rarely loses at home) with two starters (and two reserves) out? I suspect teams have performed a lot worse than that in the past. 

I was honestly expecting more out of a team that did have Romeo and Morgan.  I didn't think they looked very good.  Romeo, as noted, didn't play very hard in my eyes.  It doesn't take a few guys who are injured to get you to play harder.  They are probably better than what they showed today, but today wasn't good.