Jervay Green is N

hhcmatt

17 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

There seems to be a MAJOR disconnect between this guy's recruiting rankings and his skill level.  Looks like an absolute stud.  And my goodness, that shooting form is beautiful...

He was offered by VCU, Portland State, and Wyoming out of HS so there was some looks for him.

Just looking through the names and offers of Colorado players in general it seems like they might be a little overlooked in general like players from Nebraska are.  He was also offered after his play in the HS tourney so it's possible that whatever he was doing on the AAU circuit wasn't working. He played for a "major" Colorado team in the Colorado Hawks and a not so major team in "Team B.A.N.G."  It's possible that grades might have scared off people as well.  I think he's added about 15 lbs and an inch since HS so he might have projected more as a mid-major guy...that's why Daum ended up at South Dakota St.

Hope it's a huge error to our benefit.

20 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

There seems to be a MAJOR disconnect between this guy's recruiting rankings and his skill level.  Looks like an absolute stud.  And my goodness, that shooting form is beautiful...

Juco recruiting can be very different in college basketball.  A lot of times "big programs" are recruiting and taking commits years in advance.  So those spots are usually taken for each class and the only time those spots open are later in the year with transfers and/or departures for the NBA.  My guess is if he were to wait things out, expound upon his freshman season, he would have quite a few suitors with "name" recognition once they have more clarity.  We have the advantage of not recruiting at the same level of those and can get in on a guy like Green a little earlier because we have the spots available now.  

41 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

So, he has 3yrs of eligibility left?

24 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Two. He played at WNCC in 2017-18 and is playing there again this season (2018-19).

We're going to have a shit ton of junior guards next year if no one leaves and everyone arrives.

TA, Nana, Thor, Dachon and now Jervay.  Plus you have Chan, and we're evidently looking at maybe another juco big to replace Copeland, who would likely come in as a junior next year.

That's a lot of juniors on one team.

IMO, Nana needs to grow another couple of inches and put on about 15 pounds so he can play the 4.  Stretch 4, but the 4 nevertheless.

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

We're going to have a shit ton of junior guards next year if no one leaves and everyone arrives.

TA, Nana, Thor, Dachon and now Jervay.  Plus you have Chan, and we're evidently looking at maybe another juco big to replace Copeland, who would likely come in as a junior next year.

That's a lot of juniors on one team.

IMO, Nana needs to grow another couple of inches and put on about 15 pounds so he can play the 4.  Stretch 4, but the 4 nevertheless.

You know how things work out. One of those “juniors” will leave after this year. Still a lot of juniors even if it’s 5.

• 2 months later...

Anybody heard anything about Dachon Burke and how hes adjusting against Big Ten talent in practice? Jervay seems to be legit and Tom Allen is showing us why Kansas offered. 

If the three mentioned above all start that would be 6'1, 6'3, and 6'4 for 3/5's of the starting lineup. Which seems pretty small for what Tim Miles usually likes to throw out there. That lineup is missing that big gaurd on the wing that Miles likes. Which is why i think Nana or Amir might have a chance to be starters. With either Jervay or Dachon as the 6th man (what a nice 6th man that would be btw).

I really see him as being similar to Donovan Mitchell. Here’s a link of a video of both taking pull up threes. Mitchell only shoots around 34% off the top of my head.  Like it said in the article Green has shot 41.5% this season (small sample size but he shoots a high volume per game like Mitchell). The high volume and quick release allows both to penetrate into the lane and finish with their long wingspans. I think he’s on his way to the NBA. I talked more about him in the offseason in the episode Back to Business featured above as well.

Edited by cjbowbros

5 hours ago, khoock said:

Anybody heard anything about Dachon Burke and how hes adjusting against Big Ten talent in practice? Jervay seems to be legit and Tom Allen is showing us why Kansas offered. 

If the three mentioned above all start that would be 6'1, 6'3, and 6'4 for 3/5's of the starting lineup. Which seems pretty small for what Tim Miles usually likes to throw out there. That lineup is missing that big gaurd on the wing that Miles likes. Which is why i think Nana or Amir might have a chance to be starters. With either Jervay or Dachon as the 6th man (what a nice 6th man that would be btw).

I talked with Dachon Burke at the Nebrasketball Buddies event the other day, and he's legit ready to contribute, now, if he could. I think JPJ and DB are the B1G ballers in the bunch when they scrimmage between "varsity" and 'JV'.

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 12/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, khoock said:

I watched Dachon at practice recently and was impressed. Very quick first step, smooth shot effective from 3 point range and tenacious on D. Scored with ease against our starters. Based on one practice he would start today if not for sitting out. Also seems to have leadership skills. Encouraged other players and very demanding of himself.

• 3 months later...