2019 Nebraska baseball

throwback

20 hours ago, brfrad said:

I have Iowa at 1.53.  Illinois is at 2.17 tb/k.  We are now at 1.43.

On the flip side our pitchers are shutting down the other teams.  18.37 K per HR.  1.37 Total bases per k.  5th in the conference in both areas.  We are 3rd in throwing runners out trying to steal.

A couple other stats.  We lead the conference in bb/9 at 3.14.  I like us throwing strikes.  This next stat shows how different the game is now.  We are 9th in the conference with 8.33 k/9.  I would have thought that would be top 5 for sure, if not near the top.  The next series could be rough as PSU leads the conference at 10.31 K's/9.

Yeah that was meant to say Illinois.  My bad.  

12 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska's 39 runs against Purdue were NU's most runs for a 3-game series since the Huskers joined the Big Ten.

Having watched all 3 games I can safely say Purdue is pretty awful.  

We did what we should have done against a bad team and that’s good because it’s not something we have been able to say the last few years.

Avoid any major slip ups and our schedule sets up pretty nicely to play our way into a regional with Illinois/ASU/Mich at home. 

9 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Having watched all 3 games I can safely say Purdue is pretty awful.  

We did what we should have done against a bad team and that’s good because it’s not something we have been able to say the last few years.

Avoid any major slip ups and our schedule sets up pretty nicely to play our way into a regional with Illinois/ASU/Mich at home. 

Nebraska had not swept two B1G teams since 2015.

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

Is the RPI that primary thing used by selection folks in baseball?  If so, they need to catch up to the times.  

Yes, in years past the selection committee has placed a heavy emphasis on the RPI. 

Creighton actually lucked out with the shitty weather. They dodged some terrible RPI games. But, they can’t run from the Big East.  They have 12 games remaining against teams that are +230 in the RPI.  

55 minutes ago, khoock said:

It was probably good to get the breaks beaten off of us ln. We have been winning alot lately with a couple very close losses.

Hopefully this refocuses them to bring it every single night. Cant just show up and win against decent teams.

This and the fact that we're playing baseball here.  Going 2/3 every week is a good indication of a team that is decent.  We're going to lose games every now and then.  That's just part of baseball.  Last night was a loss by committee as we made some mental errors and bats were cold.  That happens sometimes.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

The good news (or bad) right now is that we still have three very tough series to end this year.  Go on a run and win them all... maybe sweep 1, and we’re moving towards hosting a regional instead of just playing in one.  D1 baseball thinks as much as well.

I think finishing 13 - 5 with a run in the BTT should have us in line with a hosting spot.

10 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Not a huge loss, but need to get the bats going. Would feel good about an absolute beat down tomorrow, where our pitchers don't need to worry about hanging zeros. 

Hopefully we put up a nice big crooked number tonight.  The guys at the plate could use a confidence boost.  I'm starting to become concerned that the offensive slump is rearing its ugly head at the wrong time again.  A big night vs UNO hopefully will bring the bats back to life. 

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Hopefully we put up a nice big crooked number tonight.  The guys at the plate could use a confidence boost.  I'm starting to become concerned that the offensive slump is rearing its ugly head at the wrong time again.  A big night vs UNO hopefully will bring the bats back to life. 

Yeah, freshman from Skutt on the bump for UNO. No reason we can’t make this one a laugher. If we can’t get it going tonight we may have some problems.