2019 Nebraska baseball

throwback

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Nebraska hit well over the last 3 innings, that being said it will probably be the softest pitching we see all year - they also booted the ball around quite a bit. UCR lived up to their last in the conf preseason hype.

Okay, didn't get to watch the game. just seen the score and wondered.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Is Riverside that shitty or did the Huskers play well?

I don't know...but you have to love the offensive explosion.  This is our first real exposure to a field as well.  Not a bad start, even if the team is below average.  Let's see how the weekend plays out.

10 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I don't know...but you have to love the offensive explosion.  This is our first real exposure to a field as well.  Not a bad start, even if the team is below average.  Let's see how the weekend plays out.

The Good - Hitting all around (don't need power if 1-9 can get on base), Curry was lights out and gave us the opportunity. 

The Bad -  Luensmann was RUSTY, we booted the ball around quite a bit early.

Gotta pick up a couple more this weekend before the buzzsaw next weekend!

3 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

The Good - Hitting all around (don't need power if 1-9 can get on base), Curry was lights out and gave us the opportunity. 

The Bad -  Luensmann was RUSTY, we booted the ball around quite a bit early.

Gotta pick up a couple more this weekend before the buzzsaw next weekend!

Pretty good for being the first time outside.

The Eddins experiment failed.  7 runs through 4 innings.  Why Waldron did not get a start is perplexing.  He was our best pitcher last year.  Eddins is a middle relief guy.  He excelled in that role 3 years ago.  This offense is not going to put up 21 runs a game.  Pitching needs to be stressed.

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

The Eddins experiment failed.  7 runs through 4 innings.  Why Waldron did not get a start is perplexing.  He was our best pitcher last year.  Eddins is a middle relief guy.  He excelled in that role 3 years ago.  This offense is not going to put up 21 runs a game.  Pitching needs to be stressed.

I dont understand it. Waldron throws strikes and can handle the work load. That’s 90% of being successful in college pitching. 

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah, my question going into the season remains a question mark.  Pitching in general, pitching depth and concern that we do not have a definitive weekend starting trio was my concern, and remains my concern.  But sheesh, it is so early, we really do not know anything yet.

Looks like Gomez is making a case to be a weekend starter.

16 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It has to be better than last year. just the depth of the pitching should be better.

That is what I am waiting to see.  One weekend will not tell us that.  We need five starters capable of pitching a minimum of five good innings, and then relievers that can be consistent and stay in front of hitters.  I am hopeful.

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

That is what I am waiting to see.  One weekend will not tell us that.  We need five starters capable of pitching a minimum of five good innings, and then relievers that can be consistent and stay in front of hitters.  I am hopeful.

Fish, Gomes, Waldron, Curry, Luensmann all could be weekend starters. Doesn't seem to be a bonafide Friday guy in that group, something we've been missing for a few years. Hopefully someone shows some confidence and shuts down one of these top 15 teams and takes that Friday spot.