2019 Nebraska baseball

throwback

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

That's no good. Hopefully the team is able to perform at a Big Ten tourney-qualifying squad... Omaha's TD Ameritrade Ballpark needs the Huskers to be playing B1G in late May !!

he sprain an ankle stepping off of curb. so it will not be a season long injury.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Sounds like Erstad has no lin- up or rotation set. First weekend should be open tryouts. Really hope Luensmanns transition from RP to SP goes better than the ones we've seen in the past. Alvarado and Howell were disasters. 

Needless to say I'm pumped to hear big red baseball back on the radio waves. 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Sounds like Erstad has no lin- up or rotation set. First weekend should be open tryouts. Really hope Luensmanns transition from RP to SP goes better than the ones we've seen in the past. Alvarado and Howell were disasters. 

Needless to say I'm pumped to hear big red baseball back on the radio waves. 

Alvarado was good (until he wasn't). That said, GO BIG RED! GBR !!!

Luensmann, Eddins, Fisher, Gomes for the rotation this weekend.

That's 8 career starts and 3 career Tommy John's on the bump this weekend. 

My inital thought is 'Where is Waldron' - definitley the most sure thing we have in terms of starting pitching. Starting 4 guys with little to no success as starters will be interesting.

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Luensmann, Eddins, Fisher, Gomes for the rotation this weekend.

That's 8 career starts and 3 career Tommy John's on the bump this weekend. 

My inital thought is 'Where is Waldron' - definitley the most sure thing we have in terms of starting pitching. Starting 4 guys with little to no success as starters will be interesting.

We haven't exactly been tearing it up with starting pitching the last few years though... so maybe a switch up with help things?

28 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

We haven't exactly been tearing it up with starting pitching the last few years though... so maybe a switch up with help things?

Yep, I actually have faith in Silva, just don’t want anyone’s arm to fall off. We know Waldron can handle the workload and throw strikes, so I expected him to be out there. 

49 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Riverside Strikes out the side to start the season. Picking up where we left off offensively. 

I am not too alarmed, especially this early.  Strikeouts are more in vogue these days.  Where we once taught to shorten up the swing with two strikes, few players (Rizzo from the Cubs as an example) do that in today's game.