Interesting analysis of B1G recruiting vs performance on Reddit

49r

1 hour ago, 49r said:

The podcast episode @thattimeofyearchanges posted earlier talks about Roby being a lottery guy, potential top 10 draft pick:

The Roby prediction will hopefully come to fruition, but I refuse to accept that every college basketball player's goal is to get out of college and into the NBA in as few of years as possible. There have been players that all the pundits said was "stupid" for coming back to college for their senior year because they "can't do anything but hurt their draft stock." But still, a few do return because they have not achieved all of their individual or team goals. There will always be few, albeit a very few, that go against conventional wisdom and choose not throw their name into the draft. I have no idea if Roby would be one of those few, but in the end, it is an individual decision taking into account multiple factors. Most do look at the evidence and chose the NBA, but there are exceptions to every rule. 

44 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

While I think Roby ends up being drafted and playing in the NBA I'm not convinced it's going to be after this season. However it's a good deal for all parties involved that he is free to enter the draft this year and could come back to school if he wasn't drafted.

I am convinced its going to be after this season, barring a major injury.    Will be interesting to revisit the predictions after the draft.

19 hours ago, 49r said:

The podcast episode @thattimeofyearchanges posted earlier talks about Roby being a lottery guy, potential top 10 draft pick:

I went through a few recent 2019 mock drafts and Roby didn't appear on them. While I think he has a good chance to be drafted this year, he's not a lottery pick. I could be that guy who goes through recent NBA drafts to show how rare a third-year, off the radar players become lottery picks, but I'm not that guy.

7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

While I think Roby ends up being drafted and playing in the NBA I'm not convinced it's going to be after this season. However it's a good deal for all parties involved that he is free to enter the draft this year and could come back to school if he wasn't drafted.

The question is, is he better off in the long run going after a junior season where he averages 12 and 9 or a senior season where he averages 20 and 10.  Given the nature of the current NBA, I don't know the answer to that.

13 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

The question is, is he better off in the long run going after a junior season where he averages 12 and 9 or a senior season where he averages 20 and 10.  Given the nature of the current NBA, I don't know the answer to that.

He should get an evaluation by the NBA undergrad advisory committee this year and see if he gets an invite to the combine. If he gets a committe first round grade, he should declare. If he gets a second round/undrafted grade and doesn't get a combine invite, it would still be good experience for him to go through team workouts. The longer he waits, the more his draft stock is likely to fall. A lot of good seniors end up in the second round, and many never get drafted at all.

3 hours ago, arliepro said:

He should get an evaluation by the NBA undergrad advisory committee this year and see if he gets an invite to the combine. If he gets a committe first round grade, he should declare. If he gets a second round/undrafted grade and doesn't get a combine invite, it would still be good experience for him to go through team workouts. The longer he waits, the more his draft stock is likely to fall. A lot of good seniors end up in the second round, and many never get drafted at all.

He'll declare no matter what now that they changed the rule.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6138866-ncaa-changing-nba-draft-rules-to-allow-undrafted-players-to-return-to-college