2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

10 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

That being said, I’m ready to make my first Crystal Ball pick as a member of the 247Sports team and I’m going with Kentucky for Sallis. Would I call it a lock? No. But, based on what I’ve heard I feel that as of today John Calipari and the Wildcats are the most likely to land a commitment from Sallis.

Wow.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:23 PM, Navin R. Johnson said:

Was not sure if we were still posting on this thread.

and the scary part is, he doesn't even seem to realize just how good he is.”

How does he not choose Nebraska?  We actually have success getting guys like this to the NBA.  😀

Edited by hskr4life

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Couple of CBs rolled in today for Gonzaga. Makes a lot of sense with how Suggs is playing and thinking he can fill into that role after Suggs bounces. 

Plus, Gonzaga was the second school he was able to take an OV to. 

As long as it isn't Kansas, Creighton, or Kentucky, I don't really care. Gonzaga makes a ton of sense though

44 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Couple of CBs rolled in today for Gonzaga. Makes a lot of sense with how Suggs is playing and thinking he can fill into that role after Suggs bounces. 

Plus, Gonzaga was the second school he was able to take an OV to. 

As long as it isn't Kansas, Creighton, or Kentucky, I don't really care. Gonzaga makes a ton of sense though

I'm even ok with KU or Kentucky

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 11:25 AM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

24/7 has him as a Combo Guard, Rivals has him as a point guard. I’ve seen him up close, would guesstimate him to be about 6-4ish and perhaps 170?? Kind of built like a little bit leaner and longer Dachon Burke.  I think he goes to the Zags....

Lots of scintillating matchups with San Francisco and Seattle in his future.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:25 AM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

24/7 has him as a Combo Guard, Rivals has him as a point guard. I’ve seen him up close, would guesstimate him to be about 6-4ish and perhaps 170?? Kind of built like a little bit leaner and longer Dachon Burke.  I think he goes to the Zags....

Does he shoot it well? I see him make tough 2’s a lot, but I’ve seen very few kick out 3’s. Most has to be off the dribble, right?

Also, if he’s a point guard....... he’s got some work to do. Johnson is the point guard on that team and without him, they don’t win that game. Sallis struggled when asked to bring it up two years in a row now. 

Sallis is super confusing to me. I’ve watch him play on TV and in person a lot. Never come away super impressed with his strictly basketball ability. I’ll watch him and go, “that’s a 5 star, eh?” And then I’ll look at the box score and he had 25/8/5 lol. Then I won’t watch and see he puts up 30+ against Oak Hill..

So I dunno man. All I know is I’ve seen a dude get his pocket picked left and right when asked to bring the ball up the court two years in a row now and not guard hardly anyone. But then again, he fills up the stat sheet. 

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Sallis is super confusing to me. I’ve watch him play on TV and in person a lot. Never come away super impressed with his strictly basketball ability. I’ll watch him and go, “that’s a 5 star, eh?” And then I’ll look at the box score and he had 25/8/5 lol. Then I won’t watch and see he puts up 30+ against Oak Hill..

So I dunno man. All I know is I’ve seen a dude get his pocket picked left and right when asked to bring the ball up the court two years in a row now and not guard hardly anyone. But then again, he fills up the stat sheet. 

I was thinking this same thing watching him Saturday. Wasn’t the most impressive guy on the floor or even his team but then at the end of the game he stuffed the box score 

44 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I was thinking this same thing watching him Saturday. Wasn’t the most impressive guy on the floor or even his team but then at the end of the game he stuffed the box score 

It's completely uncanny. 

You could chalk it up to just "being athletic," but he also does this against elite AAU competition. 

Edited by basketballjones

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

It's completely uncanny. 

You could chalk it up to just "being athletic," but he also does this against elite AAU competition. 

Yeah I think that’s probably what made him the number five player in the country or whatever he is. Seems like he’s not doing much then all of a sudden he’s got 25 points, hand full of boards and assists.