2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It would appear that you can catch Millard North with Sallis and Co. vs North Star who happens to have DW tonight via News Channel Nebraska

I have spectrum and looked at the guide.  Channel 99 is an NFL channel and channel 715 is an NHL channel.  Earlier today, the game was listed on the TV guide for channel 99 but not it's listed as a different program so not sure if something has changed and Spectrum isn't covering it.

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

You can pay to stream this online here: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/news-channel-nebraska/gam6270e6634b

It might be available via NCN's website but I doubt it  https://metro.newschannelnebraska.com/watch

I've seen NCN broadcast lots of Nebraska HS sports, so it wouldn't be a surprise if it is.  That game shows up on their program guide on their website.

Also, NCN has an app for AppleTV and I'm pretty sure Roku devices, I don't think they have an app on the Amazon FireTV though.

3 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I have spectrum and looked at the guide.  Channel 99 is an NFL channel and channel 715 is an NHL channel.  Earlier today, the game was listed on the TV guide for channel 99 but not it's listed as a different program so not sure if something has changed and Spectrum isn't covering it.

Channel 98 watching pre game as I type this 

Whew! What Ana amazing atmosphere and showcase for Nebraska high school hoops. Over 8 colleges in attendance, to observe the 7, yes I said 7 Division 1 prospects playing in the game (4 with committable offers) 

LNS:

Ive personally seen Donovan on fire from outside so I understand why he came out firing. Donovan had some very impressive drives and finishes at the rim tonight on numerous bigger players. Juracek was hitting towards the end- impressive shooting.

Kwat is a very good player. I wouldn’t be surprised to read he gets some offers soon, like as in, tomorrow.

MN: Hunter is an elite player - we haven’t seen a basketball player like him in a very long time. If he comes to NU- it can’t be overstated how huge of a get that would be.

Max- 6-9” player hitting threes. Uh, ok. Stanford is getting a solid player.

Jasen Green- Guy can move, is mobile, fluid, can shoot the three, can drive and dunk, basically a Kevin Cross type but a true 6’7” with better athleticism and mobility. Oh yeah, he’s a sophomore!!!! Want him bad.

Jadin Johnson- a 6’4” high school point guard that can move like he does?? I think he ends up at UNO or SDSU...

Saint Thomas- I think he goes about 6-5 or 6-6. Solid player who should also get some looks at the SDSU/UNO level.

I remember going to watch Burke when Jason D and Roy Enright played for them. Both were committed to Nebraska at the time. I remember telling my friend, there will never be a team that produces 2 high major players with offers on it in Nebraska.

I was wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Two things:

1.  It looks like Husker fans are showing up at Millard North to get a glimpse of what the future might look like in the Vault; and

2.   How do a Stanford commit, a 5-star and another high-major recruit lose games in the Metro?

Same way Purdue and Iowa lose games to this years Nebraska team.  Some nights your just wayyyyyy off.

1 hour ago, Swan88 said:

Two things:

1.  It looks like Husker fans are showing up at Millard North to get a glimpse of what the future might look like in the Vault; and

2.   How do a Stanford commit, a 5-star and another high-major recruit lose games in the Metro?

coaching and questionable defense also hold MN back

It would be an epic rollercoaster ride coaching a team with that much talent in a high school setting. 

The highs of leveraging that much talent would be fantastic.   The angst of having to deal with certain parents who see their child as doing no wrong, AAU coaches and hanger-ons that do not want their man to have to do dirty work, like defend, set a pick or pass the rock; would be part of the lows...

MN has four or five players with Division 1 talent.  It would be easy OR impossible to design a game plan to keep the players, and all the others, happy and satisfied. 

As for the coaching, Woodard, Behrens and Chubick are all considered better coaches in the Metro, and all have coached very talented teams. Behrens in particular had teams with at least similar talent and his teams dominated and won. Cannon's very good at doing more with less, but he's currently doing less with more. That being said, talent shows up at state, so I'd still consider them the favorite.