2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Can he be our Chauncey Billups? You know, the local guy who eschews offers from several blue-blood program and goes to State U., leading them to new levels of success? Please?

I love it, but Chauncey was on another level in high school. Pretty amazing chauncey went to boulder.

Hunter is an uber athletic kid with upside, whereas Chauncey was already a legend at this point in his hs career. 

39 minutes ago, BmoreRed said:

I love it, but Chauncey was on another level in high school. Pretty amazing chauncey went to boulder.

Hunter is an uber athletic kid with upside, whereas Chauncey was already a legend at this point in his hs career. 

I went to see GW and Chauncey in the state tournament in Denver when he was a freshman. He carried the team then. He was amazing. And while I'm glad in the abstract he went to Boulder, I still rooted against his team every time they stepped on the court.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, jayschool said:

I went to see GW and Chauncey in the state tournament in Denver when he was a freshman. He carried the team then. He was amazing. And while I'm glad in the abstract he went to Boulder, I still rooted against his team every time they stepped on the court.

Cool man. I went to regis jesuit and then college at UNL. If it counts for anything, I went to a dance with a GW girl!

My dad's good friend was an assistant for Rudy Carey, so my history of Chauncey was passed on to me by East HS people. They hated GW, but loved to tell chauncey stories

8 hours ago, BmoreRed said:

Cool man. I went to regis jesuit and then college at UNL. If it counts for anything, I went to a dance with a GW girl!

My dad's good friend was an assistant for Rudy Carey, so my history of Chauncey was passed on to me by East HS people. They hated GW, but loved to tell chauncey stories

I taught at Smoky Hill for nine years (coach Russ McKinstry) before moving up to Fort Collins to teach at CSU, where I met a guy named Tim Miles. 

Edited by jayschool

There was a video clip of Sallis making the rounds on Twitter from his game last night. He puts a move on a guy in the backcourt and the defender looks like he hit a patch of ice and goes down. It happened right in front of the Millard North student section and they go crazy. Sallis then continues down court  and makes great pass to a teammate who finishes with a dunk. So hoping he wants to continue his basketball career for the Huskers.

53 minutes ago, rr52 said:

There was a video clip of Sallis making the rounds on Twitter from his game last night. He puts a move on a guy in the backcourt and the defender looks like he hit a patch of ice and goes down. It happened right in front of the Millard North student section and they go crazy. Sallis then continues down court  and makes great pass to a teammate who finishes with a dunk. So hoping he wants to continue his basketball career for the Huskers.

I was there. Was pretty awesome. 

Sallis is, really good, as the kids would say. 

the pass was to Jason Green. Sallis made 3 great plays in one sequence: The steal, the crossover and then the no look pass. As good as play as I have ever seen from a high schooler. 

Finished with 34 points and 7 steals. 

He will get out of control a little bit, but with his talent its to be expected. 

Green is a nice player. Plays down low mostly but can pop out and hit a jumper.

Saint Thomas is a nice player. Really hustles. Seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot.

Jaden Johnson (the transfer from Iowa) is a good player as well. He stays calm and has a nice stroke

Murrell did not have a lot go his way last night. But he obviously is very good as well. 

3 hours ago, rr52 said:

The kid whose ankles he broke is a really good athlete too, Sallis is legit

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

MikeSautterOWH
@MikeSautterOWH

The second semifinal between Millard North and Papio South tipping off in about five minutes. Nebraska assistant coach Matt Abdelmassih front and center to see 2020 Millard North wing Hunter Sallis. #Huskers 

Have our best recruiter on him. Going to be hard to keep him from KU and Oregon I believe.