2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

9 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Offered as expected. 

Love this prospect. The upside you point to in the article is exciting. I'm not a doctor, but clearly he is going to grow and he is already 6-3 (ding ding ding bingo), he still looks very young, and has a great pedigree. Smooth shot too.

Could be really really good

Edited by BmoreRed

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, khoock said:

I have heard a few say they would prefer Hepburn over Sallis. Not saying rankings is the only thing that matters, but is Chucky Hepburn ranked in the top 150 at all? I know he has some good offers.

Rivals currently only has a top 100 for 2021 right now. CH currently is not on the list.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

“Nebraska really wants me to take an official visit,” Sallis said. “I’m not sure if I’m going to take an official or an unofficial.”

Interesting.  I don't know how to interpret this.  Does this mean NU wants Sallis more than Sallis wants NU?  Or the opposite?

Edited by HuskerCager

5 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

Interesting.  I don't know how to interpret this.  Does this mean NU wants Sallis more than Sallis wants NU?  Or the opposite?

Maybe he just wants to maximize his visits/recruiting. If im not mistaken, expenses are covered for official visits and unofficials come out of pocket? Other than that idk the difference, maybe someone can fill me in.

An unofficial to Lincoln is VERY affordable obviously. Maybe he is considering using all five of his officials out of state to get the most of his recruitment and experience.

Totally guessing here.

49 minutes ago, khoock said:

Maybe he just wants to maximize his visits/recruiting. If im not mistaken, expenses are covered for official visits and unofficials come out of pocket? Other than that idk the difference, maybe someone can fill me in.

An unofficial to Lincoln is VERY affordable obviously. Maybe he is considering using all five of his officials out of state to get the most of his recruitment and experience.

Totally guessing here.

That was my guess as well.  Not sure if there are limits on what you can do with a recruit on an unofficial compared to an official visit.

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit?
Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

Both the school and the athlete can have a limit to official visits so maybe it's Nebraska trying to say we really, really want you.