2021 SG Hunter Sallis 5 star

AuroranHusker

I’ve been following Donovan on twitter for quite some time. I’d be shocked as he is literally one of the most proactive recruiters of other players and always tweeting at guys to come to NU. He was at the scrimmage and I saw him speaking with a few assistants, and during Hunter’s visit, he was there as well.  

"Hunter, KU is an attractive program where you can go and get a few minutes of playing time, even start, and when you leave, they'll remember you for a year before they go on talking about Wilt Chamberlain or Paul Pierce.

"We can't compete with their history, but we don't aim to. We can compete with their present, though, and if you come to Nebraska, you could leave here with your jersey hanging in the rafters, and from now on until the end of time, Husker basketball fans will remember your name. And every March around tournament time when we make the dance, they'll lift their glass and toast Hunter Sallis, the local kid who got us that first win in the NCAA tournament."

That's kinda how I imagine the conversation going. Kind of a "Henry's speech at Agincourt" kind of vibe.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

"Hunter, KU is an attractive program where you can go and get a few minutes of playing time, even start, and when you leave, they'll remember you for a year before they go on talking about Wilt Chamberlain or Paul Pierce.

"We can't compete with their history, but we don't aim to. We can compete with their present, though, and if you come to Nebraska, you could leave here with your jersey hanging in the rafters, and from now on until the end of time, Husker basketball fans will remember your name. And every March around tournament time when we make the dance, they'll lift their glass and toast Hunter Sallis, the local kid who got us that first win in the NCAA tournament."

That's kinda how I imagine the conversation going. Kind of a "Henry's speech at Agincourt" kind of vibe.

Once more unto the breach! 

Great reference, Norm!